=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question regarding rule #12

Go down 
+3
gblanco
brettlwason
Zandermander
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zandermander

Birthday : 1993-06-08

Question regarding rule #12 Empty
PostSubject: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 7:19 pm

Quote :
#12.- If you are flying, Intentional RAM is not allowed.

What is the point of even having this rule if you allow for people to "dart"?
That is, bail out at the last second and let their jet hit you.

To me, darting seems to completely invalidate the ramming rule entirely. Why would I want to stay in my jet to ram someone anyways?
If anything, I would think ramming would be allowed and darting not. At least then, the pilot has some sort of repercussion for their actions.

I would like to know what the rationale is that allows for darting and not for ramming, or bans ramming and not darting.

Thanks,
Zander
Back to top Go down
brettlwason

brettlwason

Birthday : 1964-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 9:43 pm

IF U DART YOUR JET IN THE CHINESE LAST FLAG SITUATION IT IS CLASSIFIED AS AN ATTACK ON LAST FLAG AND SHOULD BE DEALT WITH ACCORDINGLY..
Back to top Go down
Zandermander

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 12:02 am

brettlwason wrote:
IF U DART YOUR JET IN THE CHINESE LAST FLAG SITUATION IT IS CLASSIFIED AS AN ATTACK ON LAST FLAG AND SHOULD BE DEALT WITH ACCORDINGLY..

Yes, but that doesn't explain why it is allowed in any situations at all.

I want to know why it isn't classified as ramming.
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

Birthday : 1962-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 12:41 am

The pilot must survive after bailing.
It is used for example when a flag becomes neutral and it is the last flag and there is a tank capturing the flag.
You dart it to make sure you are going to cap the flag.

Back to top Go down
http://www.thefriendlyclan.com
Zandermander

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 1:18 am

gblanco wrote:
The pilot must survive after bailing.
It is used for example when a flag becomes neutral and it is the last flag and there is a tank capturing the flag.
You dart it to make sure you are going to cap the flag.

So is it valid to ram air vehicles (a chopper, to be specific) using this method?

I was killed in the Z10 twice today by this method. No one was on their last flag, just normal play.

Why can the pilot of a jet use their vehicle to ram my helicopter and not violate rule 12? They are still ramming, they just get to survive in this instance, which is clearly the better choice anyways. What is the point of the ramming rule if you can still ram?
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

Birthday : 1957-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 4:01 am

I find it very rare that a jet darts a chopper.  98% of the time the jet pilot dies.
So it has never been a big concern.  You say you got darted twice in the chopper in one day, Thats extremely rare.
Back to top Go down
Zandermander

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 11:09 am

DangerousDoug wrote:
I find it very rare that a jet darts a chopper.  98% of the time the jet pilot dies.
So it has never been a big concern.  You say you got darted twice in the chopper in one day, Thats extremely rare.

It is pretty rare.
Last night, it seemed like it was out of spite. The person did it twice in a row. Obviously intentional.
I've been playing on this server for about 7 months and I've only had it happened 3 times.

I don't want to stir shit and point fingers, but I am bringing this up because TFC members are the offenders.
Never has a normal player done it to me. This leads me to believe that players think it is against the rules. I think that most people would classify darting as ramming, therefore they don't do it.

The first time it happened to me, I complained in chat, and the member literally said "darting is a form of ramming". But it is still allowed?

I can understand the cases where you dart a tank on the last flag. I've done that myself. I can't, however, justify letting people do this to flying vehicles. I was doing very well in the game last night, the US had no flags. People often get upset, and it felt like the member was exploiting a rule for his teams gain.
Back to top Go down
Cpt CutUmUp

Cpt CutUmUp

Birthday : 1964-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 11:27 am

Sometimes if the person that rammed you did dive out and died you will not see it but they will see it as They are no more. No one gets a kill and you may have missed it. Either way the rules are the rules and they will not change them so enjoy the server. Cut

If the rules are to much for you then listen to this song Smile

Back to top Go down
GunnySgtJR

GunnySgtJR

Birthday : 1965-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 12:18 pm

The member in question was me I was the person who darted u on 3 separate occasions that night it was done to afford my ground forces to be able to capture flags it was sacrificing my plane to allow ground forces to capture flags without u rapping them on the ground with a chopper since we needed flags I used a legitimate tactic to keep the chopper down while we did just that why didn't u get on the ground and fight cause u were wanting to pad your stats by rapping the flags with a chopper fight on the ground and keep the fight fair there is no difference either way u got an advantage or I did I chose to make sure it was me with the advantage
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 12:28 pm

GunnySgtJR wrote:
it was done to afford my ground forces to be able to capture flags it was sacrificing my plane to allow ground forces to capture flags without u rapping them on the ground with a chopper

Thats team work

cheers 

And I agree with Doug, this do not happens often.
Back to top Go down
Zandermander

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 12:38 pm

GunnySgtJR wrote:
The member in question was me I was the person who darted u on 3 separate occasions that night it was done to afford my ground forces to be able to capture flags it was sacrificing my plane to allow ground forces to capture flags without u rapping them on the ground with a chopper since we needed flags I used a legitimate tactic to keep the chopper down while we did just that why didn't u get on the ground and fight cause u were wanting to pad your stats by rapping the flags with a chopper fight on the ground and keep the fight fair there is no difference either way u got an advantage or I did I chose to make sure it was me with the advantage

You only did it twice.  It happened a few months ago by a different member.  Don't remember their name.

You're very accusatory.  If I cared about my stats, I would be in a tank, considering I still need 60 hours in it to rank up.  I fly in the chopper because it is what I am best at and what I find most fun.  Some people are better on the ground, others in the air.  Obviously my strategy was working, considering you had no flags, so why would I get on the ground?  Besides, the US had no flags, so it was Air v Air.  You just had to resort to a tactic that I find cheezy to kill me.

That is fine though, I stated my opinion on why I think it should be a violation under rule 12 (or at least classified as "wasting team assets").
You all seem to think it shouldn't be.

Your server, your rules.  I will follow them.

However, I do request that the rules be updated to explicitly state the use of darting as valid.  This way, players, like me, who classify it as ramming will know that they can use this tactic without fear of being kicked.

Happy Killing,
-Zander
Back to top Go down
Zandermander

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 12:39 pm

gblanco wrote:

And I agree with Doug, this do not happens often.
I think it will happen more often if it is stated in the rules. That is the issue I have, people don't know it is valid until a TFC member does it to them.
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 12:47 pm

Maybe it is not in the scrolling rules, but it is in our site.

https://thefriendlyclan.forumotion.com/t2-these-are-our-game-server-rules

Too much text to explain in scrolling rules.
Back to top Go down
GunnySgtJR

GunnySgtJR

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 12:48 pm

Cheesy u don't find it a cheap and non skilled method to kill those on the ground when u know u have a clear and unprecedented advantage shooting ground troops while flying above them with a mini gun especially that day with so few players and obviously it didn't work for u cause I did dart u 3 times with my plane once over arty twice on the air field over chopper pad but hey if that's the only way u can fight I think it's cheesy but no problem we all gotta do what we gotta do and if u have questions in game just ask admins are always eager to help anyway they can
Back to top Go down
BlG_BALLS

BlG_BALLS

Birthday : 1967-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Gunny,if you're interested,I'll sell you a few commas,and periods. Wink

Think you might possibly have an award coming to you,in regards to longest,run-on sentences,in this forum Smile

Pertaining to this topic.......and discussion........Initial person who started this topic for discussion stated that the issue in hand might possibly continue,and increase etc etc........Well IMO,not very likely as the shell browser support is about dead......and if a new shell is found/used.......will be under a different format I.E. ranked/unranked,weapon locks/unlocks etc etc.

Time will tell
Back to top Go down
GunnySgtJR

GunnySgtJR

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 1:58 pm

Thanks grammar Nazi  lol! did u have anything constructive to add or that related to the topic or were u just trying be an asshole
Back to top Go down
Cpt CutUmUp

Cpt CutUmUp

Birthday : 1964-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 2:41 pm

Big Balls,,,,,,

Question regarding rule #12 E2us1
Back to top Go down
BlG_BALLS

BlG_BALLS

Birthday : 1967-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 4:53 am

Definitely wasn't trying to be the A word. It is somewhat hard to read/understand.........when a sentence/statement continues forever and ever etc.

What I had to add,I already stated......it's somewhat moot at this stage,regarding BF2........and anything that goes on in game,and that's including a tribe of Pixies,eating Twinkies at the airfield,and,I mean and that maybe and right because the game will be void of players and because of that and will be maybe 2000 players left and because EA said it would be and furthermore it seems logical to conclude that cutumup has a fixation with linking goofy pics and maybe its a new found treasure he discovered and because he is quick to judge others and because maybe he's new to the realm and its his way of indirectly fitting in and maybe one day he will gain the confidence of others and he can share drinks with others and im tired of riting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding rule #12   Question regarding rule #12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question regarding rule #12
Page 1 of 1