=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problems with Connection

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mamba334

Mamba334

Birthday : 1979-05-02

Problems with Connection  Empty
PostSubject: Problems with Connection    Problems with Connection  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 1:01 pm

Ok, so before I go tinkering with settings, I would like your input on this:

ONLY IF YOU'VE HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM PLEASE!

Ok, so I'm on wireless connectivity. This is how it is set up.

Laptop #1 , mine is using the Ethernet connection straight from the modem.

Laptop #2, belonging to someone else in the household is using the Router to conenct to the internet.

Now, this only happens during game play. It will happen every 5-10 minutes but then it will go away. The only warning I get is "problem with connection". Screen will freeze up for about ten-15 seconds and then I'm back playing.

Sometimes, OFTEN this happens too, it will take me back to the server lists with warning, "connection to server lost"

Any ideas on this?
Back to top Go down
Wansu

Wansu

Birthday : 1963-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Connection    Problems with Connection  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 8:08 pm

I bought a dual band router and locked one of the bands with a password that I use for gaming. Works great. Even when they stream a movie on Netflix, it doesn't slow it down.
Back to top Go down
sniper.nkc

sniper.nkc

Birthday : 1961-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Connection    Problems with Connection  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Go to speakeasy.net and do a speed test. Post your speeds. Also, disconnect your wireless router and test your gaming to see if the problem is still there.
Back to top Go down
Mamba334

Mamba334

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Connection    Problems with Connection  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:40 pm

I can't unhook it Sniper. Someone else uses their's too while I'm playing. I played on weekend warriors last night for about an hour and no problems so .... idk Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sniper.nkc

sniper.nkc

Birthday : 1961-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Connection    Problems with Connection  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:47 pm

I have experienced "lost connection" in the past while playing BF2 and I have attributed this to be a slow internet connection. This is usually the case when I am at a hotel and using their internet. It was just not enough bandwidth. Have you changed internet service provider? Are more people taping into your internet? Is the wireless router network password protected? Maybe, you have something running in your computer background that is taking away your internet bandwitdh. Maybe you need to prioritize your internet packets. There are so many things that could be the cause. This is why I suggested to check your internet speed, then disconnect the wireless router to isolate the problem. I know you have game before without problems, what did you change from the previous gaming set-up that has led to this lost connection problem?
Back to top Go down
Mamba334

Mamba334

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Connection    Problems with Connection  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Nothing! I haven't touched a thing, as for the internet, connections or any of that. It only happens every now and then, not every time I play so idk what it could be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Connection    Problems with Connection  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with Connection
Page 1 of 1