=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BF2 crash to desktop

Go down 
+2
rapidfx
Climbing_Ace
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Climbing_Ace

Climbing_Ace

Birthday : 1997-01-26

BF2 crash to desktop Empty
PostSubject: BF2 crash to desktop   BF2 crash to desktop Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:51 pm

Hello, I need help!
I start bf2 and it goes black and then crashes back the desktop and i notice in my settings my screen herts goes from 60 to 59. I need you help if possible!
Back to top Go down
rapidfx

rapidfx

Birthday : 1969-10-29

PostSubject: Re: BF2 crash to desktop   BF2 crash to desktop Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:24 pm

You can try this..
start bf2...ctrl-alt-del .. start task manager.. right click on bf2.exe.. select set affinity... select one cpu to use. not cpu 0.
This has cured the crash to desktop for most people. let us know if it worked for you.
Back to top Go down
http://rapidfx.org
Climbing_Ace

Climbing_Ace

PostSubject: Reply to rapidfx   BF2 crash to desktop Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:58 am

Sadly it opens and closes instantly can't even see EA pop up. I click BF2 and it opens black screen flash white bar desktop and my refresh rate has been changed to 59Hz.
Back to top Go down
jbuffethed

jbuffethed

Birthday : 1979-07-01

PostSubject: Re: BF2 crash to desktop   BF2 crash to desktop Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:07 am

Could be a video driver problem. Try and download the latest driver. If that doesn't work try reinstalling. Do any other games crash like BF2?

I just started playing SP again after over a year break. My sound had a hissing and I tried everything possible. I ended up wiping the computer and everything works now.
Back to top Go down
Climbing_Ace

Climbing_Ace

PostSubject: Reply to jbuffethed   BF2 crash to desktop Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:25 pm

ive tried everything i think i actaully have to whipe my computer to fix it last thing i can do!
Back to top Go down
tomaber

Birthday : 1962-09-11

PostSubject: Re: BF2 crash to desktop   BF2 crash to desktop Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:41 pm

I can think of some basic BF2 fixes that may help here. i.e. bf2.exe> properties> run as administrator selected. Lastest and greatest punkbuster updates. I recall having trouble and ended uninstalling and reinstalling BF2 because the first time I did a bunch of menu/mod modification so the game would start faster and experienced crash to desktop. On the reload I didn't do modifications to the intro or menus/modifications. I didn't do shortcut modifications either i.e. login, password or screen size. I just did the run as administrator and latest PB updates with standard load configuration in tact. Since then I haven't had any problem except for driver updates, but I rolled back and recovered. Then the next update version worked find (I manually downloaded and installed) at a later date and latest version.

Yes, waiting for the planets to appear and hit esc then clicking login takes a moment or two longer but the game always runs stable for me.

Tomaber
Back to top Go down
SmilingDragon

SmilingDragon

Birthday : 1978-11-08

PostSubject: Re: BF2 crash to desktop   BF2 crash to desktop Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:13 pm

@Climbing_Ace

What video card do you have? Do you have multiple/split desktops? (maybe connected to a tv also?)

I had that same problem when I was using an ATI video card with a cloned desktop for watching movies on my TV. I had to disable the cloned desktop every time I played BF2. I think that it was something to do with the resolutions on each display being different.
Back to top Go down
Climbing_Ace

Climbing_Ace

PostSubject: Re: BF2 crash to desktop   BF2 crash to desktop Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:40 am

SmilingDragon wrote:
@Climbing_Ace

What video card do you have? Do you have multiple/split desktops? (maybe connected to a tv also?)

I had that same problem when I was using an ATI video card with a cloned desktop for watching movies on my TV. I had to disable the cloned desktop every time I played BF2. I think that it was something to do with the resolutions on each display being different.

no i hqave a NVIDIA 8800 GTS and only on moniter.
Back to top Go down
SmilingDragon

SmilingDragon

Birthday : 1978-11-08

PostSubject: Re: BF2 crash to desktop   BF2 crash to desktop Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:32 pm

What operating system? If Windows 7, right click on bf2 and go to properties (probably already tried this) and set it to run as administrator. Also setting it to run in windows xp compatibility mode helps. If that doesn't work and you have tried updating drivers, I would say to try uninstall and fresh reinstall of the game....... let me know how it goes man.

Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Climbing_Ace

Climbing_Ace

PostSubject: Re: BF2 crash to desktop   BF2 crash to desktop Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:44 pm

SmilingDragon wrote:
What operating system? If Windows 7, right click on bf2 and go to properties (probably already tried this) and set it to run as administrator. Also setting it to run in windows xp compatibility mode helps. If that doesn't work and you have tried updating drivers, I would say to try uninstall and fresh reinstall of the game....... let me know how it goes man.

yup tried it all man thanks for your input and support. I'm going to actaully reinstall windows! FUN! (Sarcasticly said)
Back to top Go down
Climbing_Ace

Climbing_Ace

PostSubject: Re: BF2 crash to desktop   BF2 crash to desktop Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:48 pm

Climbing_Ace wrote:
SmilingDragon wrote:

yup tried it all man thanks for your input and support. I'm going to actaully reinstall windows! FUN! (Sarcasticly said)

FUN! is the only sarcastic part your input IS APPRECIATED
Back to top Go down
Climbing_Ace

Climbing_Ace

PostSubject: Fixed kind of lol   BF2 crash to desktop Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:50 pm

I have fixed it by whipping my computer and reinstalling windows. Sadly I have ocasional crashes that I could play for 10 min or 2 hours then have a random crash!
Back to top Go down
E641

E641

PostSubject: Re: BF2 crash to desktop   BF2 crash to desktop Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:11 pm

Climbing_Ace wrote:
I have fixed it by whipping my computer and reinstalling windows. Sadly I have ocasional crashes that I could play for 10 min or 2 hours then have a random crash!

If I use the Affinity fix that RapidFX mentioned, I don't get kicked to the desktop, but IF I forget to set it, it WILL happen.

E
Back to top Go down
Climbing_Ace

Climbing_Ace

PostSubject: Re: BF2 crash to desktop   BF2 crash to desktop Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:52 pm

E641 wrote:
Climbing_Ace wrote:

If I use the Affinity fix that RapidFX mentioned, I don't get kicked to the desktop, but IF I forget to set it, it WILL happen.

E

I will definatly try that out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF2 crash to desktop   BF2 crash to desktop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF2 crash to desktop
Page 1 of 1