=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
followmy6

followmy6

Birthday : 1950-01-01

Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost Empty
PostSubject: Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost   Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 11:01 am

Not even as soon as I leave my favorites menu do I start to see these messages. I called Comcast had them reset my modem, updated Punk Buster & all that jazz. I signed into bf2 under my alt's name / reset my options / reset my video options / upgraded my video card driver. Added UDP to my TCIP Stack still nothing. Now it wont let me play at all.

I am able to log in and start the game it states nothing about a bad connection issue. 2 weeks ago this same thing was happening to me & I updated my video card drivers. But considering as there is not a new video card driver. I dont know where to go I am A+ Cert so computers are really my thing but this just puzzles me & if it keeps it up I'll just delete the local files and try again if this repeats then I dont know what to do.

This is the # 1 reason I am not on Vent if you do see me.
Back to top Go down
Hosti1ity

Hosti1ity

Birthday : 1992-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost   Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 12:33 pm

Let's try this:

Go into Device Manager and right-click on your network adapter.

Select Properties.

Go to the Advanced tab and set Checksum Offload to Disabled.

Barring that:

1. Click Start or press the Windows key and R, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK.

2. Click on Startup.

3. Select disable All.

4. Click on Services.

5. Check the box that says Hide All Microsoft Services, then Disable All.

6. Apply, then restart your system.

This will eliminate most of what might be interfering with the game running properly on a software level. Once you're done, repeat the above procedure, using the Enable All buttons to turn services and startup items back on.

That should reset all the ports. And should get you back on track.
When theres connection problems it's never a driver issue.
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

Birthday : 1962-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost   Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 7:26 pm

You really have problems with your connection six.
I was watching you today how you were constantly disconnecting.
What windows version are you using ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefriendlyclan.com
followmy6

followmy6

Birthday : 1950-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost   Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:55 pm

Windows xp sp3 32 bit

Although I am considering purchasing Windows 7 Ultimate or at least finding a corp edition of it like I've had with Windows xp.
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

Birthday : 1962-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost   Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:10 am

Looks like reinstalling fixed your problem right ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefriendlyclan.com
10th|Martinez

Birthday : 1985-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost   Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:51 am

I'm not so sure about turning off all of the service. Your best bet is time consuming but may be worth it, research some of the services you aren't so sure about while turning off the obvious ones you won't need. There are plenty of websites that will break each service down for you so you can make the decision. They will even give you priorities.
Back to top Go down
http://www.quickfixpcsolutions.com
Hosti1ity

Hosti1ity

Birthday : 1992-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost   Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:40 pm

Well it's a good bet.
If you put any of them in to google they will break it down...
Back to top Go down
FoRmEd

FoRmEd

Birthday : 1981-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost   Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:21 pm

When things like this happen to me and I could find an answer within a hour or so... A reinstall was my path of fixing the issue... Its not guaranteed to work but it has worked for me everytime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost   Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Connection to the Server Has Been Lost
Page 1 of 1