=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I cant figure it out

Go down 
+6
LordsGuard
10th|Martinez
Hosti1ity
gblanco
m1keonline1
RiTaLiAtIoN_510
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RiTaLiAtIoN_510

RiTaLiAtIoN_510

Birthday : 1984-01-04

I cant figure it out - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 2:49 pm

THE GUYS AT GEEK SQUAD SAY THEY DIDNT FIND ANYTHING WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER.THEY SAY I NEED TO INSTALL A GRAPHICS CARD AND THAT WILL GET RID OF MY PROBLEM SO IM GOING TO GET THAT DONE AND SEE IF THAT WORKS. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
vtrucker2000

vtrucker2000

Birthday : 1964-09-13

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:38 pm

It is a program running in the background. Most likely your anti-virus. Especially Norton, McAffy and Kaparski. With BF2 running, open task manager, go to processes, right click on bf2.exe and change priority to realtime. You might have to do this all the time.
Back to top Go down
mypaperpast

mypaperpast

Birthday : 1986-12-04

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 5:35 pm

first and foremost you must...and i emphasize must! get a new video card.....the problem with onboard video cards is that they arn't really what they say they are...there is no gpu (graphics processing unit) and that is a huge problem in gaming....

secondly going by the fact that you say your lag occurs in timed increments and only lasts for a short period of time, tells me that it IS another program consuming your system resources....Norton is known for this...and even though you say norton is "disabled" it will still do automatic tasks such as "background scan tasks"

you have to go into the norton program, find the settings tab, find the automatic tasks and disable everything in there...EVEN "live update" because live update will constantly scan for updates in timed increments even though norton is disabled....i use Norton security suite 4 and had this same issue until i manually disabled ALL tasks and smart firewall...

hope this helps buddy!
Back to top Go down
http://google.com
RiTaLiAtIoN_510

RiTaLiAtIoN_510

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:01 pm

video card did the trick hell ya. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

Birthday : 1962-09-19

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 3:13 am

RiTaLiAtIoN_510 wrote:

Your old video card was damaged ? or you just needed a better video card ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefriendlyclan.com
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

Birthday : 1957-07-10

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 5:28 am

RiTaLiAtIoN_510 wrote:

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers Fucken AHHHH. I'm Happy for ya! I know it was a long battle for you,
final score
RiTaLiAtIoN_510 one point.
Computer zero points. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
mypaperpast

mypaperpast

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 10:40 pm

lol...that's awesome buddy...

i knew the second you mentioned that you had onboard video that that was a huge problem...

glad you got your problem fixed Smile ...happy killing
Back to top Go down
jason10001

jason10001

Birthday : 1974-05-05

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:47 pm

i was going to post some suggestions but you all posted all the problems i could think of lol.By the way find a better computer teck than geek squad i swear tose guys dont know shit compared to a real technition.
Back to top Go down
RiTaLiAtIoN_510

RiTaLiAtIoN_510

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:55 pm

YOUR RIGHT JASON THEY CALLED ME THE FIRST TIME AND SAID THEY COULDNT FIND ANYTHING WRONG AND I SAID THATS IMPOSSIBLE I HAD TO GO BACK AND SHOW THEM THEN ONE KID STANDING OFF TO THE SIDE MENTIONED GRAPHICS CARD AND SURE ENOUGH IT WAS.LOL

AND ALSO THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT POSTED I LEARNED A LOT MORE ABOUT COMPUTERS AND HOW THIS WEIRD MACHINE WORKS.
SEE YOU ALL ON THE BATTLEFIELD. afro afro
Back to top Go down
mypaperpast

mypaperpast

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 2:28 pm

i completely agree....geek squad is horrible...they are only really trained to install and build NEW systems that have no problems...that and they can do basic virus and spyware scans.... w00t w00t go geek squad!!! hahahahahahah
Back to top Go down
LordsGuard

LordsGuard

Birthday : 1980-09-30

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:11 pm

I think I'm the only one that has a bad comment about this fix..... I don't like it.... before hand, I used to school Retaliation and dodge his plane like he was a slug in a salt field...... now I die to him.........ALOT!

so yay for your new video card.........I guess...

Boo for killing me more now. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
RiTaLiAtIoN_510

RiTaLiAtIoN_510

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:29 pm

LordsGuard wrote:
I think I'm the only one that has a bad comment about this fix..... I don't like it.... before hand, I used to school Retaliation and dodge his plane like he was a slug in a salt field...... now I die to him.........ALOT!

so yay for your new video card.........I guess...

Boo for killing me more now. Evil or Very Mad
your just as good and it never hurts to play with good players because it only makes you better in the process. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
LordsGuard

LordsGuard

Birthday : 1980-09-30

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:38 pm

So true. Smile I just wanted a little rain somewhere in your parade. Smile Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I cant figure it out
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
=TFC= :: Community :: General Chat-
Jump to: