=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Commander Rules

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
major-disastor

major-disastor

Birthday : 1956-06-28

Commander Rules Empty
PostSubject: Commander Rules   Commander Rules Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 4:27 am

confused Hi all, I know I have not officially joined yet, but on reading your rules. I'm a little sad that you have gone down the road mostly all other Wake Island servers have gone. Sad You all know I play commander I LOVE COMMANDING it's why I have played BF2 for 4yrs and 5 months. Now some of you always play Spec ops, or Medic, or Re-supply or Sniper all the time. My point firstly is this is a game, a game lads. Do any of the other kits get rules on how they are to play, is a Medic told he can't revive he must only give out medic kits no, this point can be used for all the other kits. So why is the Commander being hamstrung? This has not been an issue up till now, because you guys on Axxium, Triple XXX, never had this stupid rule about Commanding like other servers have till now. How was this rule arrived at. In the past we have always said you do not have to spawn on the carrier deck, spawn inside walk up the inside of carrier avoiding the bombs. A good Commander (I'm good, No 8 IN THE WORLD MMMMMMMUUUUUU HA HA H HA AH) is an asset to the team. So why cut off one of his arms. If the last base is under attack don't spawn there. Duh! never thought of that! I would just like to know how this rule was arrived at, was it voted for, or did one person decided upon it. My point being this is unfair to commanders no one else gets rules on how to play! We all want to win the round and sometimes the Commander is what tips the balance from defeat into Victory.

I can here you say "well don't play here then." That is an option, but I have played with some of you guys for 3 - 4yrs on and off and count you all as Cyber space buddies friends . So I would like to carry on Very Happy

Major-Disastor see you on the battlefield i'll be the guy with one arm tied behind my back. LOL

FIRST AND FORMOST "IT'S WAR THERE ARE NO RULES IN WAR"
Back to top Go down

Commander Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commander Rules   Commander Rules Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 7:40 am

I didn't vote on the Carrier rule, if I were given the opportunity to vote I would vote "NO" to arty on carrier! Your not being told you can't arty! Just one spot you can't arty! Further I always felt it was "LAME" for a commander to arty the deck, and while playing commander myself I refrained from hammering the deck! Wars have Rules Of Engagement this is one rule I agree with!
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

Birthday : 1962-09-19

Commander Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commander Rules   Commander Rules Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:37 am

MD53 wrote:
So why is the Commander being hamstrung?
So why cut off one of his arms. If the last base is under attack don't spawn there.
Never had this stupid rule.
Duh! never thought of that! I would just like to know how this rule was arrived at, was it voted for, or did one person decided upon it.

I decided to apply the No Arty on carrier and No Arty on last flag except on airfield rule.

First, the rule is not stupid.
This rule and other rules like friendly clays and mines are based on my experience in other servers and what most of the players like.

The #1 Wake Island server is =BBUK=
That server it is always full of players.
Servers needs players.
Empty servers are useless.

Arty on carrier is enjoyable by the commander only.
I dont want players leaving the server because the commander wants to arty the carrier.
The no chopper, no jets and no arty on last flag except on airfield to avoid the base rape is to protect the server of being emptied.

There are a lot of ways to enjoy this game.
Capping the flags, reviving teammates, spawning on squadleader, defending your flags, etc..

No skills are needed to Arty a carrier where people is waiting for a jets or choppers.

gblancov
The_H@rdest_Hitter

MD53 wrote:
FIRST AND FORMOST "IT'S WAR THERE ARE NO RULES IN WAR"

There are rules in war.
But, this is a game and not a real war and because of this, the game must be enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefriendlyclan.com
rleedrums

rleedrums

Birthday : 1965-09-08

Commander Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commander Rules   Commander Rules Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:07 pm

And for all these reasons, there can be no more claymores by the airfield flag!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.richardleedrums.com
gblanco

gblanco

Commander Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commander Rules   Commander Rules Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 10:07 pm

rleedrums wrote:
And for all these reasons, there can be no more claymores by the airfield flag!!!!!

I love claymores.
You need to use a different strategy when playing with friendly claymores.
Back to top Go down
rleedrums

rleedrums

Birthday : 1965-09-08

Commander Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commander Rules   Commander Rules Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 3:01 am

gblanco wrote:
I love claymores.
BE CAREFUL THOUGH... you know what happen next... see this "before and after" evidence:
Commander Rules 65g_65s65g320x600
Back to top Go down
http://www.richardleedrums.com
major-disastor

major-disastor

Birthday : 1956-06-28

Commander Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commander Rules   Commander Rules Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 4:48 am

Very Happy Hi, I hear what you are saying, not going to labour the point. We won't agree, so will have to agree to disagree. But as I said the Commander is hamstrung Crying or Very sad The rule on Triple XXX worked. No arty on carrier until US has a flag.
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

Commander Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commander Rules   Commander Rules Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:18 pm

There is no server to please 100% of the players.
Back to top Go down
battlefield2gammer

Birthday : 1969-02-07

Commander Rules Empty
PostSubject: Commander Rules   Commander Rules Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 12:11 am

first off I agree with most of you with the last flag rule I think its a hell of a rule, it makes the game a lot more enjoyable. I also agree with Blanco About arty on the carrier "Arty on carrier is enjoyable by the commander only" it sux when your the one on the carrier waiting for a aircraft to get back in the game and you get pwed by some dick wad commander who thinks is cool to art the carrier. I know in the past I have been guilty of being that dick wad commander. But since playing on this server with the rules we play by I love it thanks Blanco keep up the good work. And Stockman is right wars do have rules there call Rules Of Engagement (ROE), And if you violate the ROE you can be brought up on charges. same here and the sentence is kick and possible ban. as for the claymores I didn't think friendly claymores killed you? oh well learn some thing new every day I guess. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Commander Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commander Rules   Commander Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Commander Rules
Page 1 of 1