=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life without BF2?

Go down 
+4
ViperGTS1998
thcv
E641
dano457
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dano457

dano457

Birthday : 1957-03-17

Life without BF2? Empty
PostSubject: Life without BF2?   Life without BF2? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 6:38 am

Hey to all!!,
hope everyone is well. Question.....what is the game that is preferred these days by this tribe? Loved the simplicity of BF2. Anyway, one thing I have learned in my 58 years is that change is inevitable. 58,shissh.
Best to everyone,
Dano
Back to top Go down
E641

E641

Life without BF2? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life without BF2?   Life without BF2? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 6:51 am

Good morning Dano!

I have been playing BF4, I have to say it is a much faster paced game! I do miss playing with all my BF2 buddies!!

I play from time to time with Gunny on BF4, he told me that some of the guys still play BF2 on Weekend Warriors, I haven't given it
a try but I need to, If I thought there was enough interest, I would see about getting a =TFC= BF4 server especially if we could get enough
of our old clan mates to play.

Hope all is well!

E

Back to top Go down
thcv

Birthday : 1970-04-23

Life without BF2? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life without BF2?   Life without BF2? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 11:04 am

Well Hellooooo . . .

Over the past month+ or so, the amount of servers and people on them have tanked.  I believe WW has closed shop, but I haven't checked in about a week--they could be back up.  The only decently populated server with the lowest playable ping was in the 180-200ms range (I'm Pacific Time).  I've seen Doug, Wansu, Kid, Valdez a while back, and then some non-clan regulars (B29, AK Wolf, others), but ever since WW shut down, pretty much nothing.

I've thought about trying BF4 and other current gen games, but I'd need to build a new computer, and I don't really need a new computer (besides for gaming).  If XBox One supported cross-platform in BF4, I'd get it, but they don't.  Since mi familia has media devices out the wazoo now (iPhones, 'Pads, Nintendo 3DS, XBOne), any gaming I do is pretty much on those.  Diablo III is fun.  I've heard Project Reality for BF2 has a vibrant community, but I really don't know since I've never tried it, and I don't know what the gameplay or maps are like. Battlefield Hardline recently released, FYI.

I've replaced gaming with more guitar practice--currently working on the tapping part of "Eruption" by Van Halen (I'm starting with the easy bit, lol).  Yeah, I'm no Eddie, not yet.

Take care gents, maybe I'll see y'all down the road.

--th

PS:  I think Kid alluded to this in a previous post--condolences, Blanco, on Leonard Nimoy's passing.  I don't know how much of a fan of his you were, but obviously some kind of fan.  May we live long and prosper in his memory.
Back to top Go down
ViperGTS1998

Life without BF2? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life without BF2?   Life without BF2? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 9:13 pm

Weekend Warriors is still up and running. Unfortunately, bf2hub has taken it upon themselves to delist all battlelog.co servers, which is killing the community. Use the battlelog.co launcher and you'll find us or connect directly via IP 69.30.241.202:16567.
Back to top Go down
thcv

Birthday : 1970-04-23

Life without BF2? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life without BF2?   Life without BF2? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 4:21 am

Ahh, so that's why servers dropped from the 90s range (with the filters I had set) down to 30-40, then back up to 60 or so (removed some server filters), mostly in Europe/China with pings 300+. I didn't realize there had been a schism of sorts.

I tried going to your clan site to see what was going on, but I didn't have an account to log in (whereas it wasn't required to be a member in the past to access public areas, I believe), so I thought you guys were in the process of closing down.  Oh, did I mention I'm blind and didn't see the Create Account button in the upper right corner until just now?  Ah, just found a Gametracker listing for ya while searching for your clan site.  If I only regularly used Gametracker and similar sites.

Thank you, Viper, much appreciated for the info, but why do you hate me so much?  I was starting to make good progress in weaning myself away from BF2, and Eruption was just starting to sound somewhat musical.

Razz

Thanks again for the info, and maybe (probably) I'll see you on the Island.

--th
Back to top Go down
Wansu

Wansu

Birthday : 1963-11-09

Life without BF2? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life without BF2?   Life without BF2? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 5:01 pm

I have BF4 but don't play it. I must be old or can't see but I have a hard time in the game. If we had a bf4 clan server I would probably join and support it. I am still pretty successful at BF2. I bought a vent server for 6 months. I posted the info in the members only area.
Back to top Go down
racemeric

Birthday : 1962-02-28

Life without BF2? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life without BF2?   Life without BF2? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 10:32 pm

Hello All:
I totally miss the TFC server and the games with you.
I have been playing Civ 5, just not the same.
Back to top Go down
(PT)Wittmann

(PT)Wittmann

Birthday : 1976-10-28

Life without BF2? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life without BF2?   Life without BF2? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 10:03 am

Hi gents!!

you should try BF2 Project reality...its amazing! Shocked

More info here:http://www.realitymod.com/

And a vid from Bluedrake42:...yes,the rounds are BIG!

Try it guys,a couple of rounds and you forget vanilla BF2.

Witt
Back to top Go down
(PT)Wittmann

(PT)Wittmann

Birthday : 1976-10-28

Life without BF2? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life without BF2?   Life without BF2? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 7:54 am

Forgot to say,this mod is totally free.

I would like to see one or two squads from =TFC= members. Twisted Evil

If your rig runs BF2,it also runs BF2PR...so...please dont let this community end.

I miss you guys...

Witt
Back to top Go down
battlefield2gammer

Birthday : 1969-02-07

Life without BF2? Empty
PostSubject: We can still play BF2    Life without BF2? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 11:15 pm

I found a way to still play BF2 go here

http://battlelog.co/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Life without BF2? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life without BF2?   Life without BF2? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life without BF2?
Page 1 of 1