=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Artillery on last flag

Go down 
+2
Cpt CutUmUp
gblanco
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulabducter

Soulabducter

Birthday : 1979-01-04

Artillery on last flag Empty
PostSubject: Artillery on last flag   Artillery on last flag Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 7:23 pm

I accidentally dropped arty on last flag tonite.
Thcv was on the china and I was commanding USA
I was in the command screen and did a scan and notice I had a friendly tank coming up to north base, which was last flag. My intention was to drop supplies for the tank @ north to help assist in capturing the flag. At the moment I went to drop the supply crate, the scan went thru and there was a red dot @ north village. Instead of dropping arty @ north village and supplies @ north for the tank, I flip/flopped it  Embarassed. I immediatley to Thcv what I had did and ask him to warn his squad/team that arty was coming. I took the appropriate action and kicked myself for the fumbling of my finger. When I came back in I was on china with Thcv and we almost came back a won the round, only 4 tickets shy. GG T.  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

Birthday : 1962-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Artillery on last flag   Artillery on last flag Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 7:47 pm

10-4

Right way to proceed
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefriendlyclan.com
Cpt CutUmUp

Cpt CutUmUp

Birthday : 1964-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Artillery on last flag   Artillery on last flag Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:30 am

While on this subject I have a question. I have heard both ways in the past and was reminded the other day. "No Arty on last flag" is for American team only or both teams? Meaning the Chinese team should not arty their own last flag or is it ok? I ask because an admin was doing it repeatedly last week and his own team was getting upset for the team damage it caused and It got me thinking about this again. I know I was yelled at for this in the past but it has been awhile.  Suspect 
Back to top Go down
rapidfx

rapidfx

Birthday : 1969-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Artillery on last flag   Artillery on last flag Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 9:11 am

China can always arty China last flag.
USA can always arty the carrier.
Back to top Go down
http://rapidfx.org
Cpt CutUmUp

Cpt CutUmUp

PostSubject: Re: Artillery on last flag   Artillery on last flag Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 9:13 am

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid  Thanks affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid 
Back to top Go down
Soulabducter

Soulabducter

PostSubject: Re: Artillery on last flag   Artillery on last flag Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 9:17 am

Cpt CutUmUp wrote:
an admin was doing it repeatedly last week and his own team was getting upset for the team damage it caused

You could always issue a "mutiny' against the commander, and if the team complies, he would no longer be in command.
IMHO, if an admin here was arty 'ing his own last flag, he probably felt his team wasn't up to par or maybe everyone was leaving because of the last flag situation.

As E would say "just my 0.02"

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Cpt CutUmUp

Cpt CutUmUp

PostSubject: Re: Artillery on last flag   Artillery on last flag Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 9:27 am

He was doing it to stop the Americans from taking the flag but was getting lots of Flak damage on his team. It wasn't malicious attacks on his own men. I just asked as it made me think about Last Flag when I seen all the complaints.
Back to top Go down
thcv

Birthday : 1970-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Artillery on last flag   Artillery on last flag Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 5:18 am

Yeah, that was a good game.  There's been quite a few good ones this weekend.  I binged yesterday, Saturday, I think--played practically all day.

I had to kick myself twice this weekend--killed E taking off in the J-10 while China was in last situation.  Even worse was tonight--got in as gunner for the Cobra, even told myself, "don't forget, last flag," then got in a scrap at South and completely forgot it was last, killed a couple at Airfield.  Embarassed  I apologized in big orange letters and gave meself da boot.  Sheesh.  China was cool about it--I got switched to them when I got back on and squadded up and begged forgiveness in person.  Felt like a hypocrite, though, when I had to warn, then kick, a US commander, same round, for arty on last.   lol!
Back to top Go down
rapidfx

rapidfx

PostSubject: Re: Artillery on last flag   Artillery on last flag Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 7:44 pm

People don't always pay attention to their mini-map and notice arty coming.
I do this from time to time, get slayed by my own arty.
Personally, I say it's their own fault. Especially if it was airfield.
You can see the arty coming on the map...
If they don't move, it's their own dang fault Smile

Same happens when one steals the US cobra... Only to get shot down by your own team because they didn't look at the map to make sure before firing... Even though they could see the chopper in the mini-map the second their team mate gets in...
Back to top Go down
Soulabducter

Soulabducter

PostSubject: Re: Artillery on last flag   Artillery on last flag Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:04 pm

Guilty of that myself Rapid.
I always try to remember to be aware of my surroundings drunken 

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
E641

E641

PostSubject: Re: Artillery on last flag   Artillery on last flag Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 4:43 pm

rapidfx wrote:
People don't always pay attention to their mini-map and notice arty coming.
I do this from time to time, get slayed by my own arty.
Personally, I say it's their own fault. Especially if it was airfield.
You can see the arty coming on the map...
If they don't move, it's their own dang fault Smile

Same happens when one steals the US cobra... Only to get shot down by your own team because they didn't look at the map to make sure before firing... Even though they could see the chopper in the mini-map the second their team mate gets in...

I have been fighting to keep a flag and was well aware that that an arty strike was coming down but I wanted to try to prevent the flag from going neutral.
The end justifies the means LOL

E
Back to top Go down
rapidfx

rapidfx

PostSubject: Re: Artillery on last flag   Artillery on last flag Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 7:52 pm

"The end justifies the means"

oh yes. I will walk into my own arty to try and hold a flag that's dropping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artillery on last flag   Artillery on last flag Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artillery on last flag
Page 1 of 1