=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rule #7 Clarification

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chucknorris

Birthday : 1940-03-10

Rule #7 Clarification Empty
PostSubject: Rule #7 Clarification   Rule #7 Clarification Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:07 pm

Hello All,

At ~ 1955 hrs pacific time April 25, Me and Halogod555 were kicked from the server for 1 minute for breaking rule #7.

Rule is "#7.- While USMC has no flags, Attack Choppers and Jets must NOT cross Arty Island."

Me and halo were in the Z-10, our team had just taken back the island and me and him were hovering between arty island and the northern side of the main island. There was a boat about 20 meters from arty island which wasn't showing on my map, seeing as it was an enemy, I spotted him out, and halo proceeded to engage it with the tv missle. The person killed was =TFC= Tomaber. My guess would be that he kicked us as well.

Now I've seen plenty of people engage boats and choppers (blackhawks and cobras), when they reach the vicinity of arty island, I've personally done it, and have observed plenty of other people do it with no recourse; and in the rule stated above, there's nothing pertaining to enemies around arty island being destroyed while the chopper or jet stays behind arty island.

I personally don't like getting kicked, it ruins the fun of a round, and would like this to be clarified so that i and others don't in the future.

Personally, I've read your ROEs and in my opinion that's a legit kill. If we're allowed to vulture arty island, then a boat sitting just next to it should be fair game too.

Thanks.

Hope to see you on the server.

Chuck
Back to top Go down
fibtech

Birthday : 1962-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Rule #7 Clarification   Rule #7 Clarification Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 11:56 pm

If you can kill it from the Chinese side of arty island, it's fair game. It should be noted however, that an aircraft can only be "engaged" if it has past arty island. This is to say that you can kill any aircraft from the Chinese side, but you can only chase it back to the carrier if it has passed arty island.
Back to top Go down
tomaber

Birthday : 1962-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Rule #7 Clarification   Rule #7 Clarification Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:32 pm

That would be my bad, if it is as fibtech says. I would like clarification too.

My impression you were not to attacks past arty island when not engaged (US no flags). It should make no difference the craft that your in victim-wise. Another point a plane can do more damage than a boat why is it given more advantage?

Tom

Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

Birthday : 1962-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Rule #7 Clarification   Rule #7 Clarification Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:35 pm

tomaber wrote:
That would be my bad, if it is as fibtech says. I would like clarification too.

It is as fibtech said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefriendlyclan.com
fibtech

Birthday : 1962-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Rule #7 Clarification   Rule #7 Clarification Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:49 pm

Engaged is not a term relating to flag or no flag. Engaging a jet or heli that has passed arty island means it can be followed back to the carrier as a target. If you are killed by a Chinese aircraft while on the US side of arty island (while US has no flags) and said aircraft does not cross arty island, it is a legal kill. The Chinese heli can TV a jet, heli, boat or swimmer from the Chinese side so I'm not sure where you see an advantage.
Back to top Go down
tomaber

Birthday : 1962-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Rule #7 Clarification   Rule #7 Clarification Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:24 am

Fibtech, you are not seeing my point and it is irrelevent because gblanco agreed with you.

My bad.

Tom
Back to top Go down
chucknorris

Birthday : 1940-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Rule #7 Clarification   Rule #7 Clarification Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 1:19 am

Thank you for the clarification, fibtech, blanco and tom.

I'll carry on as usual on the server.

Happy killings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rule #7 Clarification   Rule #7 Clarification Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rule #7 Clarification
Page 1 of 1