=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I cant figure it out

Go down 
+6
LordsGuard
10th|Martinez
Hosti1ity
gblanco
m1keonline1
RiTaLiAtIoN_510
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RiTaLiAtIoN_510

RiTaLiAtIoN_510

Birthday : 1984-01-04

I cant figure it out Empty
PostSubject: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:24 pm

For about a week now my game play has been horrible with this lag i seem to get every ten minutes or so.I get 10 mins of play with everything normal then like three mins of slow motion and can barely move then its like it snaps out of it and goes normal for ten mins.I have no idea what it could be ive hit control alt delete to see if some programs were popping up and making it lag but nothing seems to be running in the background.I also uninstalled bf2 and reinstalled but that didnt work.I am basically computer illiterate and dont know much about computers other than load bf2 and kill lol,if someone has any ideas or suggestions i would love to hear it and it would be greatly appreciated.

Question Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
m1keonline1

m1keonline1

Birthday : 1965-01-21

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:27 pm

For those a little more technology literate than me I thing Rit is running windows 7. Unfortunatelt I am more familiar with msdos 3.2 but a lot of you will only see that in a museum.

Anyway, I would start with the basics

1- Windows disc defrag
2- clear out internet explorer history etc
3 - make sure you aint got any big pics as your background as I hear this can hog memory
4 - check your screen saver is not on or does not have those randomly generated shapes (this used to cause performace issued while back)
5 - talk to an expert as I say I only know a little

Sorry I cant give you instructions on how to do this as I have never used 7

good luck
Mike
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

Birthday : 1962-09-19

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:31 pm

Are you using an old Hard Disk ?
I mean, could be a damaged HD.
Antivirus turned off ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefriendlyclan.com
Hosti1ity

Hosti1ity

Birthday : 1992-09-21

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:38 pm

gblanco wrote:

Antivirus turned off ?
That's got too be it. for ten min's you can play right then for about 3 you can't maybe your anti is clearing out ports..
Back to top Go down
RiTaLiAtIoN_510

RiTaLiAtIoN_510

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:54 pm

Antivirus is off,its sad im so stupid with the stuff i dont even know what you mean by hard disk blanco.I just bought the computer about five months ago and its a hp pavilion magnesium gray edition

graphics is a nvidia geforce 9100

windows 7

amd phenom quad core processor

8gb and 1 terabyte hard drive

i dont know what any of it means or even if its good enough or i should upgrade to something better i just dont understand why everything was running fine and i didnt change or add anything new and all the sudden this started happening.I keep hoping it will just go away cause my head is spinning trying to figure out what is going on lol.
Back to top Go down
RiTaLiAtIoN_510

RiTaLiAtIoN_510

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:46 pm

It only seems to be getting worse so I'm wondering if maybe something internally is causing problems.
Back to top Go down
Hosti1ity

Hosti1ity

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:29 am

RiTaLiAtIoN_510 wrote:

graphics is a nvidia geforce 9100

windows 7

amd phenom quad core processor

8gb and 1 terabyte hard drive
Holy crap dude you should fly!!!!
Run bf2 as admin.
you have a quad core and 8 gigs! i only have one yes bf2 is a memory whore but you have almost way too much you don't need too upgrade.
Try updating your punk buster and or uninstall it and re install it.... if that does not work try this
My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache clear all the files in there. And no it will not crash your computer....
Clear it all and do it every time b4 you join or start up bf2 Very Happy this will help...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:20 pm

This might get som ideas

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/285/298698.page#11328246
Back to top Go down
Hosti1ity

Hosti1ity

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:15 pm

That's really no help i looked over that it's all about crashing and not able too install.. Not about lag..
Back to top Go down
10th|Martinez

Birthday : 1985-01-03

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:26 pm

Doesn't sound like it's a BF2 issue to me. You should try loading some other work intensive programs and see if it gets bogged down. Check your task manager and see if any programs are using system resources.
Back to top Go down
http://www.quickfixpcsolutions.com
LordsGuard

LordsGuard

Birthday : 1980-09-30

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:20 pm

I've been mulling your problem over and have an idea. Your cpu is obviously strong enough for bf2 so the issue is with the software, spyware I'm thinking. So try this, its all free and helped me in the past with other games....

Download and run Adware(free). Then reboot.
Download and run CCleaner (yes, 2 c's) then reboot.
Lastly download "spybot search & destroy" then reboot.

Pray to God, cross your fingers, then Run bf2.then post your results.

Good luck my friend. Also, I noticed that your fairly close to me, if you need help running these applications, just send me a msg with your phone num and I can call and help you out over the phone.

God speed and good luck.
-=LordsGuard=-
Back to top Go down
Hosti1ity

Hosti1ity

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:43 pm

What bay area? in so cali or nor cali? i am on so cali close too diamond bar. We should meet up and have a beer or some thing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LordsGuard

LordsGuard

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:28 am

LOL NorCal here. SanFrancisco Bay Area. The TRUE bay! ;-) LOL I assumed he was in mine because his name has 510 in it. Thats a local area code for me.
Back to top Go down
LordsGuard

LordsGuard

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:29 am

HAH! It also just dawned on me that your only 18. Smile Maybe we can meet up and have a ROOTbeer. Smile LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:50 am

I hade these kind of problems from time to time, and when that happends i shut down the router for 2 minutes and restart it again.
It helps most of the time.
I have also bought a new router a few times and it has also helped.
Back to top Go down
Hosti1ity

Hosti1ity

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:04 am

oh indeed.. but my celles got me. we got alot of beer on the base so maybe we can talk about guns... lol...
Now you can't tell me you never had a beer while 18? hmmm..
Back to top Go down
RiTaLiAtIoN_510

RiTaLiAtIoN_510

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:39 pm

LordsGuard wrote:
LOL NorCal here. SanFrancisco Bay Area. The TRUE bay! ;-) LOL I assumed he was in mine because his name has 510 in it. Thats a local area code for me.

You are correct.I grew up in newark then moved to livermore about 4 years ago.

I will give all of these items you guys have mentioned a try to see because I'm lost and have tried everything I could think of down to deleting all files to bf2 then reinstalling it all over again.
Drastic times call for drastic measures. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LordsGuard

LordsGuard

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:55 pm

Drinking by 18?!?! No way! My father had me plastered at 16! Lol

I live in the east bay, right at the boarder of Concord and Clayton. Good luck on your fix. I wouldnt rush to uninstall anything just yet, run those programs first and let me know how that works.

Good luck my man.
Back to top Go down
Hosti1ity

Hosti1ity

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 3:09 pm

lower your gfx in game.. .
Back to top Go down
RiTaLiAtIoN_510

RiTaLiAtIoN_510

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 4:09 pm

Pretty strange ive tryed all sorts of options.i went into singleplayer and it happened there to. Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
10th|Martinez

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:28 pm

RiTaLiAtIoN_510 wrote:
Pretty strange ive tryed all sorts of options.i went into singleplayer and it happened there to. Question Question Question

There is clearly some background process turning on and off on your machine. I've had similar issue back in the day, when I couldn't fix them, a reformat was in order.
Back to top Go down
RiTaLiAtIoN_510

RiTaLiAtIoN_510

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:13 pm

I was going to reformat but it wouldnt let me because i guess windows dont allow you to do it anymore without saving some things to a disk first, but i need to go get the disks before i reformat.My brother was telling me thats a bunch of shit cause you used to be able to reformat whenever without saving things to disks.
Back to top Go down
10th|Martinez

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:20 pm

RiTaLiAtIoN_510 wrote:
I was going to reformat but it wouldnt let me because i guess windows dont allow you to do it anymore without saving some things to a disk first, but i need to go get the disks before i reformat.My brother was telling me thats a bunch of shit cause you used to be able to reformat whenever without saving things to disks.

It's been a long while since I have reformatted, and I am still using XP Pro, so I'm not sure about W7, but I wouldn't shocked if you have to save files to delete them. Everything Microsoft does is counterintuitive.
Back to top Go down
RiTaLiAtIoN_510

RiTaLiAtIoN_510

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:00 pm

alright i got the dvdr disks and am going to reformat.i hope it works its killing me not to be playing
Back to top Go down
RiTaLiAtIoN_510

RiTaLiAtIoN_510

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:52 pm

the reformat did not work so im taking my computer in to the geek squad today because its under warranty so we will see what they say about it.im thinking graphics card or like blanco said from the start my hard drive or hard disks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I cant figure it out   I cant figure it out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I cant figure it out
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
=TFC= :: Community :: General Chat-
Jump to: