=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need people smarter than me please! ;-)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LordsGuard

LordsGuard

Birthday : 1980-09-30

I need people smarter than me please! ;-) Empty
PostSubject: I need people smarter than me please! ;-)   I need people smarter than me please! ;-) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:51 pm

This is a tech question, so forgive my ignorance. Shocked

When I load BF2, the 'user profile' comes up quick, as does the main screen(single/multiplayer/options/etc) But when I try to load a multi-player game (usually TFC) it takes LITERALLY 5-7 mins to load the map! I can go out and have a smoke, clean the house and peel paint in the bathroom before the map loads...... any ideas?

The only thing I modified is I deleted the intro movies.

I have a P4 3.0 ghz HT.
2Gig of RAM
and a brand new AGP 6200 video card with 512DDR mem.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down
RiTaLiAtIoN_510

RiTaLiAtIoN_510

Birthday : 1984-01-04

PostSubject: Re: I need people smarter than me please! ;-)   I need people smarter than me please! ;-) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 10:08 am

Im no good with computer tech stuff but deep six might know.I had that problem with taking forever to load and it was weird because my brother and i used to be roommates and played on the same computer but he was able to load the game fast where loading my account would take 5 to 10 mins.I never figured it out but since i had moved it only takes like 1 to get into the server.if you figure it out i would be interested to know why it takes forever to load.
Back to top Go down
10th|Martinez

Birthday : 1985-01-03

PostSubject: Re: I need people smarter than me please! ;-)   I need people smarter than me please! ;-) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:20 pm

I don't know why it would take longer for specific profiles however, I can tell you that when I put 15k RPM SCSI HDDs in my computer, whose specs are lower than your, same 2 GBs of RAM, the load times were cut in half. I have also noticed shorter load times when I reconnect to the same server/map without rebooting my computer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.quickfixpcsolutions.com
Hosti1ity

Hosti1ity

Birthday : 1992-09-21

PostSubject: Re: I need people smarter than me please! ;-)   I need people smarter than me please! ;-) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:23 pm

Mine take's about 3 mins so i have a smoke b4 the game but let's say the game ends and the map re loads it seems faster... so i don't know ither ive asked the same question...
Back to top Go down
Hosti1ity

Hosti1ity

PostSubject: Re: I need people smarter than me please! ;-)   I need people smarter than me please! ;-) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:27 pm

I looked it have not tryed it yet i have pb but this really should help.
Clear Cache,
goto, My Doucuments>Battlefield 2>mods>bf2>cache,
delete everything in that folder

Update PunkBusters,

goto, http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bf2.php, DL PBSetup, run that.

Defrag your drive.
Back to top Go down
LordsGuard

LordsGuard

PostSubject: Re: I need people smarter than me please! ;-)   I need people smarter than me please! ;-) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:47 pm

Done and done. and defraged over night with O&O defrager. Will check the game soon and let you know. I'm beginning to think it my 1982 hard drive.....

Thanks again for the help guys.
Back to top Go down
Hosti1ity

Hosti1ity

PostSubject: Re: I need people smarter than me please! ;-)   I need people smarter than me please! ;-) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:33 am

hard drive has nothing too do with it...
Mines like 100 years old 2 don't feel bad lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LordsGuard

LordsGuard

PostSubject: Re: I need people smarter than me please! ;-)   I need people smarter than me please! ;-) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:15 pm

Tried everything... still have time for 2 smokes before the game loads..... oh well, Here's to good lung health!

scratch
Back to top Go down
jason10001

jason10001

Birthday : 1974-05-05

PostSubject: Re: I need people smarter than me please! ;-)   I need people smarter than me please! ;-) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:57 pm

id say its a combo of hard drive graphix card prosseser and then distance from the server.A terrabit non spinning hard drive will increase ur load speed,grafix card will help when its got onboard ram,porosseser thats upto grade ties it all together,barring ur innernet provider which is most likey not a prob.first it loads the map then verifies client data either of those slowed down will slow you down.Im not all that compuiter savy but you might think about the old hard dive and if ur not pci and still apg that will surely slow you down.
Back to top Go down
LordsGuard

LordsGuard

PostSubject: Re: I need people smarter than me please! ;-)   I need people smarter than me please! ;-) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:15 pm

AGP unfortunatly Mad A new computer is in the works. I would love to have a solid state terrabyte HD but I'm sure thats out of my budget. Smile To upgrade to ePCI, I would have to upgrade my MoBo, which would require new ram, new vid card, new drives, etc,etc,etc....... So, I'll just enjoy my smokes while it loads. Smile

Thanks again for the help guys, you all have been helpful!

-LordsGuard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need people smarter than me please! ;-)   I need people smarter than me please! ;-) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need people smarter than me please! ;-)
Page 1 of 1