=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where'd you get your online gaming name from?

Go down 
+15
Descartes42
m1keonline1
plb2416
R.Satterwhite
10th|Martinez
FLYING_GERONIMO
Kilroy
DangerousDoug
E641
usmom
jason10001
madmullet
followmy6
vtrucker2000
sushi-sacha111
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sushi-sacha111

sushi-sacha111

Birthday : 1998-08-17

Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Empty
PostSubject: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Hey all i thought it'd be interesting to find out where ar how some of you got your gaming names from.

I figured out my gaming name by getting a nickname from my friends (Sushi) and liking sushi rolls. I put sushi and my first name together and whadya get
sushi-sacha111
Back to top Go down
vtrucker2000

vtrucker2000

Birthday : 1964-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 2:32 am

Same as my e-mail address.
Back to top Go down
followmy6

followmy6

Birthday : 1950-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 6:22 am

My gaming name Deep-Six came from many year's of posting company proprietary information to public forums. I was using another unique name that once entered into Google would come right up with all of my post information right away. So I had to come up with something that was not traceable to just myself.

So I came up with Deep-Six, which means : To hide or dispose of something in such a way that it will be extremely difficult or impossible to find or recover, even for the person doing the hiding. Get rid of. Nautical in origin, it comes from a call indicating a depth of six fathoms (over ten meters), a depth from which recovery of an item tossed overboard would be very difficult.

I always liked being called Deep, or just six. My EVE Online name is Deep Er and my buddy says his wife calls my name out in bed all the time.

Something that I found out later was Deep-Six & Eighty-Six kind of mean the same thing.

My other game handle is followmy6, Watch My Six, Same difference

covering your back. six comes from being behind a person (six o' clock position). so "watch my six" is "cover me from behind" "follow my six" is "follow me from the six position or follow the leader".

SWAT Team Leader: Watch my six boys, this is goina get ugly

Since I play a lot of FPS games & your always telling your mates to watch your back, being the leader of a clan I came up with followmy6 which means to me follow the leader. A Unique name as it is I only used it when Deep-Six was not available.

Back to top Go down
madmullet

madmullet

Birthday : 1966-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 7:45 am

i have long hair,and i always look like im pissed. so you draw the picture lol!
Back to top Go down
jason10001

jason10001

Birthday : 1974-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 12:36 pm

my first one is my name and some numbers,tried to make him sound like a super hero lol
my ther acount is BIGBRASSBALL$
i was playing in a texas holdem card game for the first time and realy wanted out of the game so i could hang out with the other people.So with probably the worst cards u could be dealt i shoved all my chips in.I bluffed the other guy and he folded with a great hand only to find out i had nothing he-he!When i scouped up all the chips he asked my if my big brass balls clinked when i walked.It kinda stuck in my head and it made for a very recogniseable account name.People seem to recognise the characters name wherever i go. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
usmom

usmom

Birthday : 1960-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 2:15 pm

uhhh, US MOM. get it?

Lisa
Back to top Go down
E641

E641

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 2:24 pm

My call sign at work

I work in Troop E District 6 and my car # is 41 so I am E-641

E
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

Birthday : 1957-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 2:43 pm

When I was in my teens I was a small well mannered soft-spoken guy.
It took a lot to piss me off, but once I was pissed I would fly into a rage and take on guys twice my size.
So my tae kwon do instructor named me DangerousDoug.
and I've been dangerous ever since. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Kilroy

Kilroy

Birthday : 1961-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 4:30 pm

WW2 American graffiti featured a guy peeking over a wall "Kilroy was here". No matter where you went Kilroy had been there first. Been packing around the same handle for 10 years, a carryover from "Team fortress Classic".
Back to top Go down
http://www.toyrobotcollection.com
usmom

usmom

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:36 pm

Hey Doug....since you're from Canada, we've nicknamed you Dougly-DooRight (instead of Dudley DoorRight). RCMP's look out!

Lisa
Back to top Go down
sushi-sacha111

sushi-sacha111

Birthday : 1998-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 12:35 am

There's some pretty interesting stories behind some of your names
by the way Jason I didn't know you had a second account over the name of
Big Brass Balls I thought you were someone who was totally different
Back to top Go down
FLYING_GERONIMO

FLYING_GERONIMO

Birthday : 1996-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:43 pm

I like flying, so that where that came from, but not sure where geronimo LOL
Back to top Go down
10th|Martinez

Birthday : 1985-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 12:50 am

Deep-Six wrote:
My gaming name Deep-Six came from many year's of posting company proprietary information to public forums. I was using another unique name that once entered into Google would come right up with all of my post information right away. So I had to come up with something that was not traceable to just myself.

So I came up with Deep-Six, which means : To hide or dispose of something in such a way that it will be extremely difficult or impossible to find or recover, even for the person doing the hiding. Get rid of. Nautical in origin, it comes from a call indicating a depth of six fathoms (over ten meters), a depth from which recovery of an item tossed overboard would be very difficult.

I always liked being called Deep, or just six. My EVE Online name is Deep Er and my buddy says his wife calls my name out in bed all the time.

Something that I found out later was Deep-Six & Eighty-Six kind of mean the same thing.

My other game handle is followmy6, Watch My Six, Same difference

covering your back. six comes from being behind a person (six o' clock position). so "watch my six" is "cover me from behind" "follow my six" is "follow me from the six position or follow the leader".

SWAT Team Leader: Watch my six boys, this is goina get ugly

Since I play a lot of FPS games & your always telling your mates to watch your back, being the leader of a clan I came up with followmy6 which means to me follow the leader. A Unique name as it is I only used it when Deep-Six was not available.

How funny. My first gaming tag over a decade ago playing Counter Strike was "The Deep Six".
Back to top Go down
http://www.quickfixpcsolutions.com
10th|Martinez

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 12:51 am

Kilroy wrote:
WW2 American graffiti featured a guy peeking over a wall "Kilroy was here". No matter where you went Kilroy had been there first. Been packing around the same handle for 10 years, a carryover from "Team fortress Classic".

Oh god. I think I used to play that with you... 2fort much?
Back to top Go down
R.Satterwhite

R.Satterwhite

Birthday : 1963-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:22 am

E641 wrote:
My call sign at work

I work in Troop E District 6 and my car # is 41 so I am E-641

E

..and i thought you were a 41 yr old Staff Sergeant lol
Back to top Go down
Kilroy

Kilroy

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:53 am

Its entirely possible Martinez. I ran "the newbie server" the remnants of the website is here www.newbieserver.com although the domain is going to expire soon. Though I don't remember a "martinez" if that was your handle. Don't tell me I banned you, I spent a lot of time doing that. Rolling Eyes
Sure, 2fort, Well, and then some crazy ones on occasion like the map I think was called rats2 where the map was a giant kitchen and you ran around canned goods on the cupboards and rocket jumped onto the table etc. There were so many cool maps that I miss. We are talking about the original, not the tfc2 that for some reason I just couldn't get into.
There were lots of great plugins and scripts that you could add, like playing sound clips - if you typed in "eek" everybody would hear a woman screaming and we had one player with a parrot and every time he heard it would throw a hissy fit and wake up the neighbors.
Back to top Go down
10th|Martinez

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 12:14 pm

I don't recall being banned from any servers in Team Fortress and I have never played the new one. Counter Strike on the other hand was a different story. About threes into my CS career it was hard to find a server that wouldn't ban me, running up scores is frowned upon by some server admins when it comes with headshotting ~30% of the time. Part of me misses those statistics because I want to know what I am at in BF2 and part of me doesn't because always assume the worst. On 2fort I could consistently one shot kill heavys and people jumping from the top floor to the ground. I tried going back a year ago and was getting owned.
Back to top Go down
plb2416

plb2416

Birthday : 1976-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:59 pm

Im a pilebuck out of hall 2416
Back to top Go down
Kilroy

Kilroy

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:46 pm

I am glad you clarified that.
Now WTF is a pilebuck and where the hell is hall 2416?
Back to top Go down
m1keonline1

m1keonline1

Birthday : 1965-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:28 am

got my name ont ge basis of first name and this was my online account. Have never worded out how to set up a second acocunt as I only have 1 emsail address.

I also want to know what a Pilebuck is assuming its not somethig crude.

rendeer
Back to top Go down
Kilroy

Kilroy

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:41 am

If his response is that hall 2416 is located somewhere between 2415 and 2417 we may have to hurt him.
Back to top Go down
usmom

usmom

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:43 am

If it wasn't for pilebucks, we wouldn't have any bridges!!
Back to top Go down
Descartes42

Descartes42

Birthday : 1954-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 2:53 pm

My nom-de-game dates from netquake days, just before the now legendary Zoid created the CTF mod for Quake.

I was working my way through philosophers and messing around playing deathmatch, and not really enjoying that.... until I stumbled on the then-new CTF mod.

Wow. Teamplay. I never looked back.

I was just "descartes" at the start, but added the "42" (inspired by Douglas Adams) later as part of a clan handle.

I have had a couple of other handles for short periods on the journey from Quake->Quake2->Counter Strike->Desert Combat->BF2, but together they maybe add up to 10% of the time spent... err invested :-)

descartes42
Back to top Go down
LordsGuard

LordsGuard

Birthday : 1980-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 4:21 pm

My handle has been LordRed since the Quake days. Even before that, during BBS days (dating myself now). But the name was becomming common, so I changed to LordsGuard recently because I am a Christian, and a defender of Christ. Not the bible thumping kind. But the badass kind. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hosti1ity

Hosti1ity

Birthday : 1992-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:48 am

Well as far as my names ends up.
I used too play BHD yes black hawk down, For year's and years but i could not get my old screen name Alpha... Sigh
So i got the name hostility Well one because i have leaned i really do have a short fuse... And well almost all way's ready too fight... But there a little more bhind the mask i am in the marine core And well i have been given the nick name hostility Very Happy 10th armored. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where'd you get your online gaming name from?   Where'd you get your online gaming name from? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where'd you get your online gaming name from?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next