=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Error with bf2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
killa420

killa420

Birthday : 1996-02-15

Error with bf2 Empty
PostSubject: Error with bf2   Error with bf2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:53 am

I was gonna play a lil the other day but when i tryed to connect to the server it says "cd key is not valid"
idk whats up with it its never done it befor
i got a cd key but idk its stupid
if anyone knows how to fix this let me know
thanks
Back to top Go down
mypaperpast

mypaperpast

Birthday : 1986-12-04

Error with bf2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error with bf2   Error with bf2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:21 pm

i've done some research on this as well because a friend of mine had this same problem with his cd key on a fresh install of all things...we talked to ea and found that the only thing they will tell you is either try reinstalling (which it seems to them that that will solve all the problems)...or that somehow somewhere someone got a hold of that key and has registered it under a new name...this of course is what ea told us...you could probably do you're own googleing and find a much more effective solution....let's just hope you don't have to buy a new copy...
Back to top Go down
http://google.com
mypaperpast

mypaperpast

Error with bf2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error with bf2   Error with bf2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:29 pm

ok did some more research....try this out and see if it works...sometimes the registry can get junked up by virus/spyware...this should point you into the right direction...let me know if it doesn't work....

1. Start off by exiting BF2.

2. Open regedit ( start > run > regedit)

3. Go to HKLM\Software\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2\ergc

4. If yours was like mine, you will see that the entry is nothing like your CD Key.

5. Delete everything "AFTER" the "x9392" and input your "CD Key" for BF2. (x9232CDKEYHERE)....
......Do not put in the dashes.

6. close & reboot; then, installed patch; again,>>> checked RegEdit on this just to make sure
before attempting to get into multiplayer-Game-play........
(maybe even reboot first....)

7. THEN, after BF2 is up and working OK....Install BF2:Special Forces. After the installation,
ensure it is in the RegEdit, also.....HKLM\Software\Electronic Arts\EA Games\
Battlefield 2 Special Forces\ergc.........CD Key for SF without dashes.

8. Install the "patch" >>>>yes again ! ! .......and also check out the cd key in RegEdit
for both, again.....( just to make sure and all ) ! !

THEN COMMENCE TO GO ONLINE & GAME-ON ! ! ! !

NOTE: I went as far as Step 6, therefore I suggest anyone with the “Invalid CD-key” problem do the same. But after I follow steps seven and eight I’m sure it will work fine.

i'm not quite sure about the special forces because i don't have special forces...but like he noted he only went to step six to fix the invalid error for bf2....
Back to top Go down
killa420

killa420

Error with bf2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error with bf2   Error with bf2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 3:12 pm

i tryed to tell my dad to do it like but that hes got mad and says it doesnt work like that lol
so now hes reinstalling it
but i hope it works if it doesnt im going to tell him to try this.
thanks for the info paperpast
Back to top Go down
killa420

killa420

Error with bf2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error with bf2   Error with bf2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:25 pm

ok so its letting me connect but the problem now is punkbuster?
it lets me play for about 3min then it freezes goes to the screen and says
the error message thing and "heartbeat stops" idk
u know anything about that MyPaperPast?
Back to top Go down
mypaperpast

mypaperpast

Error with bf2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error with bf2   Error with bf2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 7:19 pm

yeah...you have to go to evenbalance website and find a program i think is pbsvc.exe.....and run that....it pretty much fixes your services for windows xp and such...i'll find the link really fast for you...

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php

ok...on the first question where it askes about the services...read through the paragraph and find where is says you can download the pbsvc.exe file here....it will be underscored....download that...also before you run that make sure to open pbsetup.exe and have bf2 updated....

good luck man...let me know if that works for you
Back to top Go down
killa420

killa420

Error with bf2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error with bf2   Error with bf2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:05 am

Thanks PaperPast for all your help it works now
cheers
Back to top Go down
mypaperpast

mypaperpast

Error with bf2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error with bf2   Error with bf2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:36 am

no problem man...i had the same problem with the heartbeat stop error and punkbuster b failures...it pretty much deals with punkbuster services losing priority and dropping from your services...glad i could help...i'll be back on later tonight in the server...i'm out of town right now...
Back to top Go down
killa420

killa420

Error with bf2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error with bf2   Error with bf2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:04 am

alright ill be glad to play with u
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Error with bf2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error with bf2   Error with bf2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Error with bf2
Page 1 of 1