=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Server Teamswitch at end of round, can it be set to the whole team not random

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ScudRocket

Birthday : 1967-12-25

PostSubject: Server Teamswitch at end of round, can it be set to the whole team not random   Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:01 am

the server teamswitch is set to Random, seems i play one side 3 times in a row, i know that is the random element. I honestly dont like it, I like to defend hard even get smashed trying and then have the chance to give it back to them attacking next round.

I play squadleader alot and its good to get the same guys defending and attacking as ordered. the attack then defend element is why i play maps like wake, and why its so popular.

Just spent the last round defending , we came from a 100 points down and on the last flag to a win only because the squad spawned on me and followed instructions the whole team followed our lead. Then the round ends and squad is split up, i don't really feel like going another round defending airfield and playing the same side over and over , so i left to post my view.

The swapping of the whole team instead of random helps keep squads together = better teamplay and and also results in teaching new players how to play wake Attack/Defend.

Can teamswitch be set to the whole team getting swapped at the end of round ?
Back to top Go down
GunnySgtJR

Birthday : 1965-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Server Teamswitch at end of round, can it be set to the whole team not random   Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:13 pm

Nothing we can do to change random movement to a diffrent side each time, it is strictly a check box and does it automatically, so nothing we can do to help with that issue. if the numbers allow.. you can switch at begining of each new round to the other side, if it dont move you automatically. But thats the only option at this point in time.. Sorry
Back to top Go down
ScudRocket

PostSubject: Re: Server Teamswitch at end of round, can it be set to the whole team not random   Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:10 am

GunnySgtJR wrote:
Nothing we can do to change random movement to a diffrent side each time, it is strictly a check box and does it automatically, so nothing we can do to help with that issue. if the numbers allow.. you can switch at begining of each new round  to the other side,  if it dont move you automatically.  But thats the only option at this point in time.. Sorry

the server can be set so all players on both teams are switched at the end of the round to the other team, that is how it used to be, one round attack them a round of defend.

The Random team switching sucks, it splits up squads and it takes away Wake's best feature "Attack one round then Defend the next".

I dont like it, Not only me but others leave aswell that dont want to play the same team twice.
Back to top Go down
GunnySgtJR

PostSubject: Re: Server Teamswitch at end of round, can it be set to the whole team not random   Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:58 am

The problem we ran into was stacked teams one side would have all the good players and the other side would get owned over and over for hours hence random team switch this makes it more enjoyable for both sides and not a single complaint from anyone since we started it, in fact the only complaints we did get were when players were forced to face a stacked team where all the best players were on one side which even you can see would be an unfair advange, every round and would empty a server fast.. The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few or the one
Back to top Go down
ScudRocket

PostSubject: Re: Server Teamswitch at end of round, can it be set to the whole team not random   Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:46 am

Teamwork makes the side unbeatable, not best players.

There are thousands of new players since BF2 is free download, they have no idea about how to play defensively or attacking and so they complain about being smashed. they need to see Teams and Squads working to learn the game. Teamwork and full squads is the key, splitting up working squads has a negative effect and that's what random switch does..

Wake isn't designed to be even or fair, China have to be defensive, US are attacking and they can take key flags with ease. US have the advantage if they use teamwork and full swuad with bailing squadleaders they will win. China will win every game if they defend air field flag with 70% of there army in squads and a commander, the other 30% hold the south side. North side is a waste of China Assets.

US Players whinning about not getting off the carrier but they are not using the jets to get squadleaders to Airfield and then have full squads spawn on them. old school Wake "bail & spawn" the jet guys in the squad ends up getting the jets once the key flag was taken and they would help defend it from the air..

China complain about getting owned, they loose airfield because of no defense, they charge out to sth and nth point to defend nothing and then spend the rest of the game chase flags they dont need.

Regular players swap teams to even it up if they think its needed, that has happened for years. A hard fort game is better for everyone.

EG: The last flag rule was to suit the China Complainers that never defend Airfield, this rule was enforced strongly years ago because it was thought that players that left was hurting the server population. This rule was a failure, yes a few noobs stayed and and played these long games with no attacking last flag.. The real end result was the core regular VET players stopped playing on TFC and the server ended up empty 24/7 and was shut down.

Back to top Go down
GunnySgtJR

PostSubject: Re: Server Teamswitch at end of round, can it be set to the whole team not random   Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:37 am

As you yourself just stated its teamwork not the players in your squad so it wouldnt matter what teams or squads your in... correct

randomized teams wont effect any of that.. you make a new squad at begining of next round, it dont matter who you get in your squad its teamwork as you stated and as you also said hard fought games make it better so not sure what the issue here is ?

if you work as a team and help newer players learn thats what wake island is about

I have been playing this game since day one and yes all maps are designed to be fair and even despite what rumors you may have heard

The last flag rule prevents the raping of a flag if truly skilled players spawn on the ground with a squad and march in and fight as a team they can take the flag and make it as you said a (good hard fought game) without the need for raping

skilled players dont need jets or choppers to get last flag, just ask me im a living proof bf2 vet and have done it many, many times over

those that whine about last flag rule are those that want to stat pad with choppers or jets and have no ground fighting skills and thats why they complain after all we are after a good hard fought game.. are we not
Back to top Go down
ScudRocket

PostSubject: Re: Server Teamswitch at end of round, can it be set to the whole team not random   Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:26 pm

GunnySgtJR wrote:
As you yourself just stated its teamwork not the players in your squad  so it wouldnt matter what teams or squads your in... correct randomized teams wont effect any of that.. you make a new squad at begining of next round, it dont matter who you get in your squad its teamwork as you stated   and as you also said hard fought games make it better so not sure what the issue here is ?

those that whine about last flag rule are those that want to stat pad with choppers or jets  and have no ground fighting skills and thats why they complain after all we are after a good hard fought game.. are we not  

Squads are harder to get together now, most of the VET regulars are playing elsewhere that used to fill the squads. getting a squad together that uses viop and works together isnt that easy anymore, impossible some games. I find it disapionting that the few times your lucky enough to get a few together they are split up at the end of the round.

China players complain aswell about last flag, VETS may not in the game text for all to see but they do in viop chat. i have been in full China squads that have left the server because of last flag enforcement, they hated it regardless of which side they where on. the rule is floored it gives china the advantage even when they are winning.

Back to top Go down
GunnySgtJR

PostSubject: Re: Server Teamswitch at end of round, can it be set to the whole team not random   Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Its all good, times have changed BF2 isnt what it once was, but it is all working out ok, the majority of players are all happy.. and thats all anyone can ask, you cant make everyone happy all the time learned that long ago have a great day
Back to top Go down
ScudRocket

PostSubject: Re: Server Teamswitch at end of round, can it be set to the whole team not random   Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:08 am

Your absolutely correct and doing a great job, the community loves the server. cheers, catch you in game one day soon for some squad work. thanks for the discussion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Teamswitch at end of round, can it be set to the whole team not random   

Back to top Go down

Server Teamswitch at end of round, can it be set to the whole team not random
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1