=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thank You + Server Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Triad

Birthday : 1990-08-03

Thank You + Server Question Empty
PostSubject: Thank You + Server Question   Thank You + Server Question Icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 10:29 am

Hi TFC,

I would first like to say that I have really enjoyed playing on your server the past week. I was thrilled to see the game was alive and well when I rediscovered it a week ago, and I appreciate you guys doing your part to keep this great game alive. I read over your rules and realized I have actually broken a few of them, so I will be following them from now on. The rules make a lot of sense and are worth following to achieve consistent pleasant gameplay. So a big Thank You to all of you.

What I wanted to ask about was the server crashes which I am sure you are aware of, so I do not want to annoy you. My main concern is losing players during the crashes. Is this something you guys have looked into and are unsure of the cause? Or you know the cause but do not have the resources to fix it? Either way, if you could use the help, I would be happy to offer some assistance to remedy the issue because I have experience with this sort of thing. If it's a matter of not having enough memory on the server and BF2 having a leak, is more $$ needed to run the servers?

Triad
Back to top Go down
mypaperpast

mypaperpast

Birthday : 1986-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Thank You + Server Question   Thank You + Server Question Icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 1:32 pm

We appreciate your enjoying the server and our rules...we spent a long time trying to create a friendly gameplay environment...

First the server crashes were due to some players using exploits to crash the server...the main one being the VOIP exploit...we were supposed to be patched...the revive team has done so...

the second batch of crashes...which were worse than the exploits...were caused buy some players whos accounts were hacked and stats were modified...when these players would try and join any ranked server it would crash the server....that issue has also been resolved and is currently awaiting a perminate patch to prevent the original attack....

yes it does cost a bit of money to run this server...you are always welcome to donate to help keep the server online at paypal.me/mypaperpast

thanks again
Back to top Go down
http://google.com
Triad

PostSubject: Re: Thank You + Server Question   Thank You + Server Question Icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 3:56 pm

Ah, gotcha. Makes sense it would be malicious players, but good to hear there are fixes in place and in progress.

And I sent some money your way.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
mypaperpast

mypaperpast

PostSubject: Re: Thank You + Server Question   Thank You + Server Question Icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 5:13 pm

Thanks Mr. Triad

We do everything we can too keep a fun and friendly server going...Its sad that the script kitties have nothing better to do than screw with a 12 year old game...

Thanks for your donation! Now I can take my wife out to a Steak Dinner! LOL..kidding...youve just supported 20 slots for this month!
Back to top Go down
Triad

PostSubject: Re: Thank You + Server Question   Thank You + Server Question Icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 8:54 pm

Haha, glad I could help, I had a feeling the server was going to be pretty expensive.
Back to top Go down
mypaperpast

mypaperpast

PostSubject: Re: Thank You + Server Question   Thank You + Server Question Icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 9:23 pm

yeah its pretty much name their price as they are the only company offering ranked servers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thank You + Server Question   Thank You + Server Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thank You + Server Question
Page 1 of 1