=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revive BF2 Launcher

Go down 
+9
E641
DangerousDoug
Cpt CutUmUp
rapidfx
Descartes42
gblanco
GunnySgtJR
Grandpa*T
sniper.nkc
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

Birthday : 1957-07-10

Revive BF2 Launcher - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revive BF2 Launcher   Revive BF2 Launcher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 3:58 pm

I asked this question on the BF2R wedsite.

You say to remove all BF2R software.
What about BF2HUB software? You said "clean up your bf2.". By this do you mean remove BF2R launcher from C:Program Files/EA GAMES/Battlefield 2. file?

And got this answer.

Yes Removing the software will indeed remove the launcher but on a side note it will also murder a few files from BF2. We are sorry about that too.
SO its best after running the revive removal to re run the bf2 setup to repair that.

So I had to ask.

Engineerisaac What do you mean by "it will also murder a few files from BF2.?(is that a technical term)?

And you're saying "to re run the bf2 setup to repair that." Are you trying to say uninstall and reinstall BF2.?????

I'm really starting to wonder about BF2R. affraid
Back to top Go down
rapidfx

rapidfx

Birthday : 1969-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Revive BF2 Launcher   Revive BF2 Launcher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 4:12 pm

"I'm really starting to wonder about BF2R."

What, that they stole everyones keys?  cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://rapidfx.org
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

Birthday : 1957-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Revive BF2 Launcher   Revive BF2 Launcher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 4:57 pm

rapidfx wrote:
"I'm really starting to wonder about BF2R."

What, that they stole everyones keys?  cheers 
No the CD keys to a dying game are worthless.
What I meant was he does not express himself like some one capable of reviving anything.
Back to top Go down
Soulabducter

Soulabducter

Birthday : 1979-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Revive BF2 Launcher   Revive BF2 Launcher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 7:57 pm

Right, after I uninstalled the launcher, I tried to join the server and it said I have modified content.
I haven't did anything to my bf2 install other that the bf2r launcher and the bf2hub. I still have the bf2 hub installed but it looks like I'm gonna have to reinstall the game. I'm gonna try to do a repair first and I will let you all know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
PainZappa

PainZappa

Birthday : 1974-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Revive BF2 Launcher   Revive BF2 Launcher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 9:00 pm

Others have reported that just re-installing the patches fixes the modified content issues. Personally i haven't installed ReviveBF2 yet, no need as of yet.
Back to top Go down
Soulabducter

Soulabducter

Birthday : 1979-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Revive BF2 Launcher   Revive BF2 Launcher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 10:32 pm

PainZappa wrote:
Others have reported that just re-installing the patches fixes the modified content issues. Personally i haven't installed ReviveBF2 yet, no need as of yet.
First thing I did.
Didn't work, maybe get around tomorrow to a repair or, last resort, reinstall.
Back to top Go down
Horza

Horza

Birthday : 1949-05-14

PostSubject: launcher worked perfectly for me ... (for what it's worth)   Revive BF2 Launcher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 11:55 pm

Logged in for a bit with it (1.0) version, knew it was the launcher since my password is different, noted the absence of my unlocks (they're not implemented yet), & bailed, on exit it restored bf2 to its original format which works fine too (with the password set back).

The installation made my find the bf2 exe in the program files (x86) folder by refusing to install into a folder that didn't exist/have the .exe.

So that's how it's *supposed* to work, and sometimes does (me got lucky this time, I guess).

I suspect that gamespy's dependents might be impressing on the new owners the magnitude of the PR disaster they were about to precipitate, I've bought a  number of followon BF games in spite of not liking them as much as bf2, but that might have been the end ...
Back to top Go down
Gene H

Birthday : 1971-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Revive BF2 Launcher   Revive BF2 Launcher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:27 am

so is this why the server has been dead? i havent downloaded the launcher , glad i waited after reading this thread im definitely waiting now until i cant login anymore before modifying..gl guys hope to see you on the BF soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revive BF2 Launcher   Revive BF2 Launcher - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revive BF2 Launcher
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
=TFC= :: Community :: General Chat-
Jump to: