=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Landing blackhawk on last flag

Go down 
+5
BlG_BALLS
rapidfx
thcv
DangerousDoug
Horza
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Horza

Horza

Birthday : 1949-05-14

Landing blackhawk on last flag Empty
PostSubject: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 11:34 pm

Does landing a blackhawk at the last flag and using the chaingun count as chopper assault?  The fact that people seem reasonably able to me down when I do it suggests to me that it shouldn't, but I thought I'd ask. [I assume that flying around and having a gunner blaze away at the folks on the ground would be forbidden]
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

Birthday : 1957-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 12:08 am

Yes any attack on last flag with chopper guns is prohibited on the ground or flying.
Back to top Go down
thcv

Birthday : 1970-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 2:26 pm

But you can cap with the 'hawk on last, just not use its guns. Can't dart with it on last (as with other aircraft), either.
Back to top Go down
rapidfx

rapidfx

Birthday : 1969-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 8:16 pm

... or sweep, crush or otherwise use the chopper kill.
Back to top Go down
http://rapidfx.org
BlG_BALLS

BlG_BALLS

Birthday : 1967-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 6:29 am

Can you put C4 on chopper....bail from chopper,and detonate chopper upon ground folks etc,on last flag?

Are these rules still in effect as of Aug 22nd,2014?
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

Birthday : 1962-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 7:35 pm

BlG_BALLS wrote:
Can you put C4 on chopper....bail from chopper,and detonate chopper upon ground folks etc,on last flag?

Rules still in effect
I say Yes to C4 on chopper.
To me is like using a car with c4.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefriendlyclan.com
Cpt CutUmUp

Cpt CutUmUp

Birthday : 1964-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 8:06 am

gblanco wrote:
BlG_BALLS wrote:

Rules still in effect
I say Yes to C4 on chopper.
To me is like using a car with c4.

I disagree as this would be no different than darting.
Back to top Go down
thcv

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 1:47 am

I guess if you weren't intentionally bailing to blow someone up on impact (or accidentally killing someone due to aircraft blowing up on impact), it's not much different than a C4 jeep or a claymore or any other explosive/boom device. Land that bad boy intact, wait for someone to get near or try to take off in it . . . BOOM! It'd be a challenge to get it on the flag without getting killed, but very gratifying if it worked. I used to C4 one flanking spot at the edge of the map on Karkand and sit there all round just for one chance to blow up a jeep or some infantry. Very gratifying to have a trap work as intended and know that you just caused a lot of cussing and probably saved your team a lot of grief.
Back to top Go down
Kilroy

Kilroy

Birthday : 1961-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 4:24 pm

I've done that, its a hoot when the helo is half way to another flag and blows up. the big hazard is getting killed while you are waiting making you look like a dumbass for giving them a chopper.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toyrobotcollection.com
gblanco

gblanco

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 4:39 pm

Cpt CutUmUp wrote:
I disagree as this would be no different than darting.  

When darting, it is the jet who kills the other vehicle.
c4 on chopper, it is the c4 who kills enemies, not the chopper itself.
Back to top Go down
Cpt CutUmUp

Cpt CutUmUp

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 5:54 pm

I can do the same with the plan when you think about it. Then a huge argument on darting and no it was c4 will start up. It will be splitting hairs.
Back to top Go down
thcv

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 10:39 pm

Cpt CutUmUp wrote:
I can do the same with the plan when you think about it. Then a huge argument on darting and no it was c4 will start up.  It will be splitting hairs.

Well, it would depend on if you could land the jet on the flag or not: a dart with C4 is still a dart, the jet blowing up on crashing is doing the majority of the damage. If a chopper was darted in with C4 and the chopper crashing did the majority of damage, I'd call it a dart, too, but I'm not THE Admin. I think it comes down to intent--was the aircraft landed or bailed so that it survived the landing, then C4 was detonated, or was the aircraft aimed at personnel to kill them on impact (and in the case of a heli, including smashing them on last without blowing up the heli).

In practical play, I think the issue of C4 on a jet is moot since how often does this happen? And if it did happen a lot, admins would warn for wasting assets or simply directly warn against the action at our discretion. Then there is still the issue of trying to land a jet near the flag without getting killed or arousing suspicion of a trap.

I don't think there will be hair splitting since we're currently discussing this and Blanco makes the decisions. That, and we admins typically have common sense and use our discretion for fair play.
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 11:52 pm

th, we are talking about using choppers with c4 on last flag, not jets
Back to top Go down
thcv

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:25 am

gblanco wrote:
th, we are talking about using choppers with c4 on last flag, not jets

Oh, I know.  I was responding to Cpt CutUmUp about your rationale for C4 on choppers--he was saying that he still viewed it as darting, and if it's okay on choppers, what's the difference between that and putting C4 on a jet to detonate on last flag.  I think he's thinking that the chopper would be darted in like a jet, whereas we (I think) are thinking along the lines of bailing/landing a chopper on last and then detonating it.  I think . . .  lol!   I'm all sidetracked and discombobulated now.   scratch  Maybe I should review the thread. 

Interesting, but doesn't matter because: 1.  You (Blanco) said C4 choppers are fine, and 2.  How often does this come up?  Not much.  I think it'd be easily dealt with, if necessary, when it comes up.  Just to clarify, though, Blanco, when you say C4 choppers are fine, I'm assuming you mean if it's landed there as a trap/IED; or do you mean a chopper with C4 could be darted in on last flag, detonated just above or at the ground?  Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Cpt CutUmUp

Cpt CutUmUp

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 7:00 am

Quote :
Can you put C4 on chopper....bail from chopper,and detonate chopper upon ground

The subject has changed as you guys discuss but the original was "Jump out of copter and detonate on impact" This can be done with a jet just the same as I stated. Cut
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Cpt CutUmUp wrote:
Quote :
Can you put C4 on chopper....bail from chopper,and detonate chopper upon ground

The subject has changed as you guys discuss but the original was "Jump out of copter and detonate on impact"  This can be done with a jet just the same as I stated.  Cut
I don't think using c4 on a jet will be a problem, as I have never even seen it done in 9,586 Hours.
Back to top Go down
Cpt CutUmUp

Cpt CutUmUp

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:54 pm

C4 it then go straight up over airfield and jump out. Wait for it to come down and blow it. Smile I see a new way for me to fly
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 5:07 pm

Cpt CutUmUp wrote:
C4 it then go straight up over airfield and jump out. Wait for it to come down and blow it.  Smile  I see a new way for me to fly
Its no different that darting, If the enemy is close enough to be killed by the C4 he would be close enough to be killed by the plane wreckage.
And setting off C4 at the exact right moment while the plane is diving at 100 plus miles an hour is highly unlikely.
If you repeatedly crash the jet for this purpose, it is likely you will be kicked for wasting air assets.
Back to top Go down
Cpt CutUmUp

Cpt CutUmUp

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 5:15 pm

This is to laughable,, but in the copter it is ok to drop it from the sky as 1st mentioned.
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 5:28 pm

Cpt CutUmUp wrote:
This is to laughable,, but in the copter it is ok to drop it from the sky as 1st mentioned.  
Correct
Back to top Go down
E641

E641

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 6:13 pm

Could always have someone load it up with C-4 and a pilot fly it in and land while the person that booby trapped it lies in wait for them to try to fly away.

E
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Landing blackhawk on last flag   Landing blackhawk on last flag Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Landing blackhawk on last flag
Page 1 of 1