=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unfairly Banned by DangerousDan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LionheartDestruction

Birthday : 1969-10-01

Unfairly Banned by DangerousDan Empty
PostSubject: Unfairly Banned by DangerousDan   Unfairly Banned by DangerousDan Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 12:13 am

It appears that Dangerous Dan was looking for an excuse to ban me this evening. I would like to request that I be unbanned because I absolutely am not an intentional team killer. Yes, I did have 2 unfortunate TK's in a row within maybe 5 minutes of each other, but neither was intentional. The first one took place on the carrier, after I'd been playing on the server for at least 30 minutes (as a team player). I playfully fired a tow missile at Dan's jet while he was taking off - and I was completely shocked to see it explode. I had no idea team killing was on, as I'm not on this server very often. I apologized to Dan three times, but he kicked me anyway (which is fine, I earned it I suppose). Then I got in squad with him and asked him why another player was allowed to shoot me on the carrier (as they had done several times). For some weird reason he accused me of denying that I had team killed him instead of addressing my question. I told him I wasn't contesting him kicking me or the fact that I shot the rocket at him; I was just apologizing because I didn't know team killing was on. However, he continued to call me a liar in squad until finally someone else addressed my question and explained that killing on the carrier is ok if the player is on foot. I accepted this and moved on. Just a few minutes later I was trying to defend one of our flags (or so I thought) and I took out a chopper that turned out to be our team's chopper. Dan immediately banned me, saying (still in squad chat) that it was obviously intentional and that I needed to be banned. This is not responsible admin behavior.

Please look at your server records and you'll see I'm not twisting any of these events. You should be able to see from my score that I wasn't going around TK'ing. Please check my player ban records and stats and you'll see that TK'ing is NOT who I am.

Gentlemen, with so few active BF2 servers left these days, banning a person from one of them is a serious decision indeed. I have always enjoyed your server, and although I don't play on it all the time, it would be very disappointing not to be able to come back and play going forward. With the exception of this incident, I really have always found your server to be a friendly place to enjoy the game.

I respectfully request that this decision be reconsidered. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
(PT)Wittmann

(PT)Wittmann

Birthday : 1976-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Unfairly Banned by DangerousDan   Unfairly Banned by DangerousDan Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 3:15 am

Its DangerousDoug;and if you were banned there is a reason.

No admin bans someone just because he wants...  Cool 

Witt
Back to top Go down
LionheartDestruction

PostSubject: Re: Unfairly Banned by DangerousDan   Unfairly Banned by DangerousDan Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 3:55 am

(PT)Wittmann wrote:
Its DangerousDoug;and if you were banned there is a reason.

No admin bans someone just because he wants...  Cool 

Witt

Yes, he said that his reason was that I was "intentionally team-killing". I'm saying that it was absolutely unintentional - both times.
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

Birthday : 1957-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Unfairly Banned by DangerousDan   Unfairly Banned by DangerousDan Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 4:01 am

I never look for excuses to ban people!  Unfortunately they give me plenty of reason.
I had just spawned in the game when I was immediately team killed by you when I got into the jet.
Then not 5 minutes later you are being punished for a team kill (shooting down a chopper).
Sorry to have assumed you did the same thing to them that you just did to me.
We have a rule here no punishing for accidental team kills, so when a regular player punishes somebody who just intentionally team killed me, I assumed the worst. my bad?
But after watching the battle recording I see the shooting down of the helicopter was an accident.
It was just a 24 hour ban. Ban lifted. Maybe next time you join a server don't test to see if friendly fires on by destroying an admin in a jet.

You say you apologize three times and still got kicked. I kicked you immediately after you team killed me, I didn't bother to read the screen while I was doing it.

LionheartDestruction wrote:
Then I got in squad with him and asked him why another player was allowed to shoot me on the carrier (as they had done several times). For some weird reason he accused me of denying that I had team killed him instead of addressing my question. I told him I wasn't contesting him kicking me or the fact that I shot the rocket at him; I was just apologizing because I didn't know team killing was on. However, he continued to call me a liar in squad until finally someone else addressed my question and explained that killing on the carrier is ok if the player is on foot.
Sometimes I miss some of the text well I am in battle.  I thought you had typed in "who did I team kill on the carrier" and we're trying to say you didn't teamkill.  My bad if I misunderstood you.
This could be avoided in the future with a little better communication, get a microphone.
Back to top Go down
LionheartDestruction

PostSubject: Re: Unfairly Banned by DangerousDan   Unfairly Banned by DangerousDan Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 4:16 am

Hi Doug,

Thanks for lifting the ban. If I had realized it was only for 24 hours I wouldn't have bothered anyone about it. However, I'm thankful for your response.

I completely understand that you weren't able to see the text I typed to you. It was probably replaced quickly by other stuff as there was a lot going on in the server. I play at a public gaming center, and sometimes their microphones work and sometimes they don't. This time I couldn't get it to work, as much as I tried - so all I could do was type as fast as I could. Smile

Anyway - I agree that shooting a teammate isn't a good way to test whether or not team killing is on. It actually never occurred to me that it might be on because it's been awhile since I've played on a server that had it on. But - it is a good lesson and I immediately felt terrible about it - then I REALLY felt bad when I followed that up by accidentally taking out another team member who was trying to cap a flag for us. I was all set to do something good for the team! :O

Thanks again for your fair response, and please accept my apologies again for the confusion. I will certainly remember this lesson next time!

Hope to see you on the server again soon.

Take care.
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

Birthday : 1957-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Unfairly Banned by DangerousDan   Unfairly Banned by DangerousDan Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Hey LionheartDestruction no problem.  Here is a link to our rules in case you want to look them over. https://thefriendlyclan.forumotion.com/f1-our-rules
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unfairly Banned by DangerousDan   Unfairly Banned by DangerousDan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unfairly Banned by DangerousDan
Page 1 of 1