=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dano457

dano457

Birthday : 1957-03-17

personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 6:43 pm

Dear dudes and dudets. I have recently splurged on a drone that carries a GoPro high def camera.......holy COW!!! http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2 It is like flying your own personal chopper. Yes I know one does not sit in it but with the mini monitor on the joy stick controller, it is INSANE FUN. When I saw one wiz by my house at @ 50 feet and 20mph I knew I had to have one. It is super easy to fly, has a range of @ 2,500 to 3,000 feet and @ 20 to 25 minutes of flight time of pure adrenaline fun. It has stunt mode but using GPS mode works fine for me. I would post some of my video if I knew how. All I can say if you have a few bucks to blow and want some pure joy both while flying and watching video afterwards I highly recommend this thing. Though I think someday soon these drones will be quite a nuisance as to ones privacy. For now I am ALL over the place. You can get a case that one can carry everything you need to fly and record video/pictures. Whether you are at home, vacation, or whatever. VERY COOL!! Thought I would share
Back to top Go down
pfcvaldez

Birthday : 1952-11-03

personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 7:29 pm

A friend of mine has one. I have not been out yet with him when he flies it but he showed me video from the go pro. he bought some type of goggles that will allow him to see what the gopro see's while flying
Back to top Go down
dano457

dano457

PostSubject: Re: personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:23 am

Hey PFC, goggles?!?! if you can get more info I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Back to top Go down
thcv

Birthday : 1970-04-23

PostSubject: Re: personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 10:26 am

Yeah, I have issues with drones and privacy, but they look hella fun, and they'll eventually make it seem more like we're in some city in the Star Wars universe with all the cool air traffic. Hell, Amazon wants to start delivery via drones in the next few years.

I was watching the finale of the Bassmaster Classic when I thought, "how are they getting that shot?" and realized that it must be a drone. Later on, they did show the drone in action--pretty similar in size to yours, dano. HD camera and all that--pretty cool, and perfect for getting aerial shots of the fishing action without overly disturbing the fishing conditions. Neat stuff.
Back to top Go down
rapidfx

rapidfx

Birthday : 1969-10-29

PostSubject: Re: personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 10:55 am

I really feel these are more remote controlled aircraft, like RC helo's and planes, than a "drone"...
They are cool, and there are a large amount of uses for them.
such as, forest fires with FLIR cams instead of manned craft, land management, floods, carrying equipment into areas that are not safe for human flown helo's.. etc..
Guns kill people, but I am pretty sure most of us are not against firearms.
Cars run people over, but most of us like our cars.
Alcohol kills and ruins many lives, but I am pretty sure many of us drink and don't beat our wives and kids after a couple beers.
Back to top Go down
http://rapidfx.org
dano457

dano457

PostSubject: Re: personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 6:05 pm

Yes rapid they are remotely controlled aircraft. With the live feed to your monitor that is attached to the remote controlle, you can fly these little buggers further than you can see them. They do make a bit of a buzzing noise when they are in close proximity but they are hard to see due to there size. And yes thcv getting shots that would otherwise be next to impossible from a traditional helicopter are AMAZING. The possibilities are almost endless as they are fully portable and can take off and land ANYWHERE...on a dime, literally . The flying precision is incredible. I was chasing one of my dogs all over the place, in and out of trees, ground level and over 500 feet. With the camera on a gimble you can position the camera remotely to look straight forward and move fluidly to the looking straight down position and back again all in 1080p. The shots are quite spectacular and one gets a new appreciation of ones position from angles that were once not obtainable. snow skiing , backpacking, surfing, whale and dolphin watching, forest fires, search and rescue.........endless. I highly recommend getting one. You will not regret it!
Back to top Go down
pfcvaldez

Birthday : 1952-11-03

PostSubject: Re: personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:17 pm

dano457 wrote:
Hey PFC, goggles?!?!  if you can get more info I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Here you go Dano

http://fatshark.com/product/1719.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

personal drone quad copter....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1