=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry

Go down 
+5
DangerousDoug
Soulabducter
usmom
rapidfx
Tango5-7
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tango5-7

Tango5-7

Birthday : 1972-12-02

Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Empty
PostSubject: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:59 am

Auto Balance issue:

This is a problem that happens continuously and not only on the =TFC= server.

Just finished a round getting last flag raped again but, that's a different concern. Joined the game with only 3 people and it was 2 US vs 1 Chinese. Now, the game is an even 2v2. Others join and the game puts them on the US side. At this point, it's now 2v5 and the US has commander!?

Commander Inquiry:

There is no minimum player amount for a commander, can the admins ponder this? It's crap when there are only a few players and the teams have commanders.
Back to top Go down
rapidfx

rapidfx

Birthday : 1969-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:17 am

I personally frown on commanders with under 10 players total.
Though, sometimes it is fun when there are just a few of us who play here regular and commanders.
It all depends on the game at the time really to me.
When it's 3v2, yea, a commander is lame unless both sides enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
http://rapidfx.org
usmom

usmom

Birthday : 1960-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:00 pm

I like the idea of no commander under 10 players (bots not included).
Back to top Go down
Soulabducter

Soulabducter

Birthday : 1979-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:09 pm

I agree with rapid and mom. I administered a server years ago and one rule was no commander if there wasn't 10 active players. I thought it worked out well and everyone in the clan seemed to like it. Make a poll, I'll vote.bounce 
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

Birthday : 1957-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:16 pm

Tango5-7 wrote:
Now, the game is an even 2v2. Others join and the game puts them on the US side. At this point, it's now 2v5
There is nothing wrong with auto balance.
Auto balance will always have ONE more on the U.S. team, it would never set 2v5.
What you're failing to understand is that people quit on the Chinese team making it 2v5, and auto balance has to wait for someone to die to switch them from US to Chinese.
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:38 pm

pogrom wrote:
I agree with rapid and mom. I administered a server years ago and one rule was no commander if there wasn't 10 active players. I thought it worked out well and everyone in the clan seemed to like it. Make a poll, I'll vote.bounce 
We do have a gentleman's agreement amongst =TFC= members not to command if under 10 players.
But making it a rule not to have a commander under 10 active players has been discussed and rejected before.
I can't remember all the reasons,besides it would be hard to enforce because people are joining and quitting.
and how long can a player be AFK before he is deemed inactive, and who is going to constantly go to BF2cc and check AFK times.
And our guests have no way of knowing if there are 10 active players.
Only =TFC= members would be voting.
Back to top Go down
Tango5-7

Tango5-7

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:45 pm

DangerousDoug wrote:
Tango5-7 wrote:
Now, the game is an even 2v2. Others join and the game puts them on the US side. At this point, it's now 2v5
There is nothing wrong with auto balance.
Auto balance will always have ONE more on the U.S. team, it would never set 2v5.
What you're failing to understand is that people quit on the Chinese team making it 2v5, and auto balance has to wait for someone to die to switch them from US to Chinese.

Mr. Doug, I am telling you that's what AB didn't do.

Tango5-7 wrote:

^  That's how it went down.

I can tell who the active players are.  I look pings and their score when I enter a game.  After me dying a bunch and some time has passed, I look again to find some players scores haven't changed.  Them be the idlers.  Dgunn or GunnySgt was in game within the last few nights.  He/she was idle the whole time I was playing on the server.

Idle players is what kills it.
Back to top Go down
Wansu

Wansu

Birthday : 1963-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:09 pm

Every time someone starts commanding with 6 players or less, I just question it and they quit commanding without any hassles. Most players have been pretty good about it. I only make fun of them if they continue. Razz
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

Birthday : 1962-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:46 pm

We don't have the rule about not using commander with less than 10 players because to get some badges or ribbons you need commanding time.
Because both teams can use commander, then both teams are balanced.
As Doug stated, we have a gentleman's agreement amongst =TFC= members not to command if under 10 players.... unless the other team is using commander.
Autoadmin will not balance the teams even if players are dead if they are in a squad, unless there is only one player in the squad.
I recall doing a change on autoadmin to move players to balance the teams even if they were in a squad, but the problem is, the squad leader was switched also.
Most of the rounds with less than 10 players I have seen, the players applying as commanders are new players, and because they are new players, is like having no commander.
Most of the rounds we play we have more than 10 players, so the rule about not using commander is not really affecting the development of the game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefriendlyclan.com
Tango5-7

Tango5-7

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:57 pm

Wansu wrote:
Every time someone starts commanding with 6 players or less, I just question it and they quit commanding without any hassles. Most players have been pretty good about it. I only make fun of them if they continue. Razz

I must be on everyone's "pay me no mind list."
Being ignored is tiresome. I get enough of that at home! Mad Mad Mad 
Back to top Go down
Wansu

Wansu

Birthday : 1963-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:22 am

Tango5-7 wrote:
Wansu wrote:

Being ignored is tiresome.  I get enough of that at home! Mad Mad Mad 

I don't understand...
Back to top Go down
plb2416

plb2416

Birthday : 1976-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:37 am

Dont be so sensitive Tango, removing you from "the  List" now.
Back to top Go down
Tango5-7

Tango5-7

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:15 am

Wansu wrote:
Tango5-7 wrote:
Wansu wrote:

Being ignored is tiresome.  I get enough of that at home! Mad Mad Mad 

I don't understand...

Wansu questions the commanding with 6 players or less and they quit.

I comment about not having a commander with so few players and I get ignored. Hence, on their "pay me no mind list." They do not pay attention. Get it?
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Tango5-7 wrote:
Wansu questions the commanding with 6 players or less and they quit.

I comment about not having a commander with so few players and I get ignored.  Hence, on their "pay me no mind list."  They do not pay attention.  Get it?
It's not that your on their "ignore list".
It's because you are not a =TFC= member where as Wansu is a member.
p.s. However there is  an ignore list in our forums you're getting close to making mine. lol! 
Back to top Go down
drangd1

drangd1

Birthday : 1969-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm

I really hate PILOTS!!!! "NO PILOTS IF ALL YOU'RE GONNA DO IS RAPE BASES AND HANG OUT BY ARTY ISLAND LIKE SOME SORT OF BUZZARD ATTACKING TRANSPORT CHOPPERS" or " NO PILOTS IF ALL YOUR GONNA DO IS RAPE CHINA AIR FIELD BECAUSE YOU KNOW IF A JET GETS UP YOUR EGO IS GONNA BE CHECKED BECAUSE yes you really do suck!!!!!"

If we have a rule, we should look at Commanders as an asset and if we have a person not doing his job!!!! Like " NOT COMMANDING" "AFK", it should be a kickable offense!!! It probably is but I'm venting, tired and don't feel like reading right now..... I know we have a vote button but 10 players are present. 10 players vote......30 players needed!!!!! Commander stays!!!!! No!!!!!! DAMIT, if not commanding kick for wasting asset......Mad 

"I NEED ARTILLERY HERE SIR" "chirp" "chirp" "chirp" scratch 
Back to top Go down
drangd1

drangd1

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:24 pm

By the way..........Who started this Forum:?: 

Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:48 pm

We really can't start kicking people because they do a poor job at commanding.or flying chopper or gunning,or flying jet ect...
as long as there trying.
But if somebody is commanding and goes afk for long enough I would kick them.
Just like if somebody got into a jet or chopper and when afk they would also be kicked.
Back to top Go down
drangd1

drangd1

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:28 pm

Yes I agree. No never kick for not commanding well unless there is a vote in game.....However, it should be considered if the person is not doing anything even if they are not AFK....Just saying Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Tango5-7

Tango5-7

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:43 am

DangerousDoug wrote:
It's not that your on their "ignore list".
It's because you are not a =TFC= member where as Wansu is a member.

I realize that and it's not news.
With a small amount of players on the server, it ruins it when there is a commander. It is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Tango5-7

Tango5-7

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:47 am

drangd1 wrote:
Yes I agree.  No never kick for not commanding well unless there is a vote in game.....However, it should be considered if the person is not doing anything even if they are not AFK....Just saying Very Happy 

Concur.
I'm usually on the team with that scenario. It's frustrating trying to win and some of the other teammates are doing shit. TKing, wasting assets, and being a nuisance.
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:47 pm

I have commanded longer than a lot of you have even played the game.
One thing I have noticed is that everybody has a their own opinion on how the commander is doing.
Some people think the commander is their own personal bodyguard,if someone sneaks up on them they blame the commander.
If they are flying and a jet gets up in the air they expect the commander to spot it constantly.
There is always somebody who will have the opinion that the commander is not doing their job because they're not constantly spotting everything around them.
So to make a rule to kick commanders who are not doing anything (in their opinion) is not viable.
Back to top Go down
Tango5-7

Tango5-7

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 5:04 pm

DangerousDoug wrote:
I have commanded longer than a lot of you have even played the game.
One thing I have noticed is that everybody has a their own opinion on how the commander is doing.
Some people think the commander is their own personal bodyguard,if someone sneaks up on them they blame the commander.
If they are flying and a jet gets up in the air they expect the commander to spot it constantly.
There is always somebody who will have the opinion that the commander is not doing their job because they're not constantly spotting everything around them.
So to make a rule to kick commanders who are not doing anything (in their opinion) is not viable.

The commanders that use the UAV, vehicle drops, and supply drops for their own personal use constantly are the ones that should be kicked. They are not commanding, dropping arty to clear an area, helping their team or trying to win the game. Others I've seen are not dropping vehicles, supply boxes, arty on the enemy at all, and continuously dropping arty on teammates. A few days ago, the commander kept dropping arty on me when I was about to turn a flag white or capture it. Very frustrating to say the least.

Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 5:31 pm

Tango5-7 wrote:
The commanders that use the UAV, vehicle drops, and supply drops for their own personal use constantly are the ones that should be kicked.
That part of "So to make a rule to kick commanders who are not doing anything (in their opinion) is not viable." Do you not understand?
Tango5-7 wrote:
A few days ago, the commander kept dropping arty on me when I was about to turn a flag white or capture it. Very frustrating to say the least.
If you are constantly getting hit by artillery it's not the commanders fault, Its your fault for not observing the artillery in your area warning or not paying attention to the miny map.
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 5:56 pm

You have only played bf2 for 192 hours. you simply do not have the experience to be making new rules.
Or arguing with experienced players about the rules.
Sit back observe and learn.
Back to top Go down
plb2416

plb2416

Birthday : 1976-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 11:16 am

Tango, commanding is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry   Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auto Balance Malfunctioning? Commander Inquiry
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next