=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If USMC Has No Flag...

Go down 
+3
Soulabducter
rapidfx
Tango5-7
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tango5-7

Tango5-7

Birthday : 1972-12-02

If USMC Has No Flag... Empty
PostSubject: If USMC Has No Flag...   If USMC Has No Flag... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:34 am

A J-10 and an F-35 take off, a dog fight ensues and the wounded US player head back towards the carrier and crosses arty island. Can the J10 pursue the US player back to the carrier and cross arty island in an attempt to reengage the enemy?
Back to top Go down
rapidfx

rapidfx

Birthday : 1969-10-29

PostSubject: Re: If USMC Has No Flag...   If USMC Has No Flag... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:14 am

Yes and no.
Re-engage? no... Still got him in your sights? yes.
There is a grey area there.
If you are still actively shooting, then yes.
You can't go back and re-arm then cross arty.
Sometimes it's better to be safe and let him go, swing out high and wide to either north or south tip, then come back in the side towards arty and catch him coming back.
Back to top Go down
http://rapidfx.org
Soulabducter

Soulabducter

Birthday : 1979-01-04

PostSubject: Re: If USMC Has No Flag...   If USMC Has No Flag... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:15 pm

rapidfx wrote:
swing out high and wide to either north or south tip, then come back in the side towards arty and catch him coming back.

Shhhh!!!silent Surprised 
Back to top Go down
Tango5-7

Tango5-7

PostSubject: Re: If USMC Has No Flag...   If USMC Has No Flag... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:32 pm

rapidfx wrote:
Yes and no.
Re-engage? no... Still got him in your sights? yes.
There is a grey area there.
If you are still actively shooting, then yes.
You can't go back and re-arm then cross arty.
Sometimes it's better to be safe and let him go, swing out high and wide to either north or south tip, then come back in the side towards arty and catch him coming back.

It happened a few weeks ago and it's never occurred to me to fall back and wait. I was having a decent round and I was kicked for crossing arty island while actively pursuing an enemy jet.

Going back and rearming and then pursuing an enemy on the other side of arty island is a big no no! I get that one.

Has this gray area been discussed amongst the clan? Is what you are saying the decision of the collective?
Back to top Go down
that_old_man

Birthday : 1961-01-26

PostSubject: Re: If USMC Has No Flag...   If USMC Has No Flag... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:27 pm

The clan has discussed it, and rapidfx has it right.  It is a grey area, but our expectation is for the Chinese pilot to be actively engaged with (and in continuous pursuit of) the US jet while on the US side of Arty Island.
Back to top Go down
Tango5-7

Tango5-7

PostSubject: Re: If USMC Has No Flag...   If USMC Has No Flag... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:35 am

that_old_man wrote:
The clan has discussed it, and rapidfx has it right.  It is a grey area, but our expectation is for the Chinese pilot to be actively engaged with (and in continuous pursuit of) the US jet while on the US side of Arty Island.

So I am clear on this, a jet/helo being pursued/engaged on the Chinese side of arty island and the (US) pilot heads back towards the carrier and is on the US side of arty island, the pursuit must be halted unless actively on the US side of arty island?

Example:

that_old_man and I are in a dogfight on the Chinese side of arty island, I am wounded and head to repair on the carrier. Can that_old_man pursuit me back across arty island to the carrier?
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

Birthday : 1957-07-10

PostSubject: Re: If USMC Has No Flag...   If USMC Has No Flag... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:42 am

YES Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tango5-7

Tango5-7

PostSubject: Re: If USMC Has No Flag...   If USMC Has No Flag... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:48 am

DangerousDoug wrote:
YES Rolling Eyes

Then how come I was kicked for that reason about a week ago or so.
I should've brought it up then but, thought I was in the wrong and breaking the rules.
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

PostSubject: Re: If USMC Has No Flag...   If USMC Has No Flag... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:26 am

Tango5-7 wrote:
DangerousDoug wrote:
YES Rolling Eyes

Then how come I was kicked for that reason about a week ago or so.
I should've brought it up then but, thought I was in the wrong and breaking the rules.
Really?... your asking me why you were kicked a week ago or so.scratch
Back to top Go down
Tango5-7

Tango5-7

PostSubject: Re: If USMC Has No Flag...   If USMC Has No Flag... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:40 am

DangerousDoug wrote:
Really?... your asking me why you were kicked a week ago or so.scratch

More or less a rhetorical question. Not even sure if you were in game when it happened.
I didn't bring it up because I thought I was in the wrong.
Back to top Go down
plb2416

plb2416

Birthday : 1976-04-26

PostSubject: Re: If USMC Has No Flag...   If USMC Has No Flag... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:46 am

The way I do it is, if dogfight begins before arty island and I do not lose sight of the enemy as we cross the island im good to go. If the enemy starts evasive maneuvering and we are across arty island and I lose sight of him even briefly I beat feet. If I have a doubt I beat feet.
Back to top Go down
rapidfx

rapidfx

Birthday : 1969-10-29

PostSubject: Re: If USMC Has No Flag...   If USMC Has No Flag... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:35 am

" discussed amongst the clan? Is what you are saying the decision of the collective?"

No, I just made that up and posted...
Back to top Go down
http://rapidfx.org
E641

E641

PostSubject: Re: If USMC Has No Flag...   If USMC Has No Flag... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:53 am

Just remember that if you are chasing a jet or helo back toward the ship that you are ONLY allowed to shoot at what you are chasing!
if you shoot at the ship or anything on it, that is reason to be kicked.

E
Back to top Go down
Tango5-7

Tango5-7

PostSubject: Re: If USMC Has No Flag...   If USMC Has No Flag... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:07 am

plb2416 wrote:
The way I do it is, if dogfight begins before arty island and I do not lose sight of the enemy as we cross the island I am good to go. If the enemy starts evasive maneuvering and we are across arty island and I lose sight of him even briefly I beat feet. If I have a doubt I beat feet.

That's a good rule to live by.

E641 wrote:
Just remember that if you are chasing a jet or helo back toward the ship that you are ONLY allowed to shoot at what you are chasing!

E

I do not attack the carrier if US has no flag. That rule is imbedded in my brain.

Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

PostSubject: Re: If USMC Has No Flag...   If USMC Has No Flag... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:22 pm

E641 wrote:

E
You have to be very careful if you shoot a missile at the jet you are following,above carrier it just might decide to go straight to the helicopter or jets taking off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If USMC Has No Flag...   If USMC Has No Flag... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If USMC Has No Flag...
Page 1 of 1