=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ventrillo Password Request

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Empyre

Birthday : 1985-12-10

Ventrillo Password Request Empty
PostSubject: Ventrillo Password Request   Ventrillo Password Request Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:41 pm

Hello. Would like to join you guys on Vent. Looks like a password is required, though. Would I be able to get that?
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

Birthday : 1962-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Ventrillo Password Request   Ventrillo Password Request Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:38 pm

We give the password to known players.
I dont recall your name in our BF2 server.
What do you need ventrilo access for ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefriendlyclan.com
Empyre

PostSubject: Re: Ventrillo Password Request   Ventrillo Password Request Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:05 pm

Seriously? To communicate better for one thing. Secondly, I wanted to ask you about setting up warning to appear in big orange text, as I'd like to have my server set up that way. You guys being The Friendly Clan, I thought it might be possibly to learn from you.
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

Birthday : 1962-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Ventrillo Password Request   Ventrillo Password Request Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Empyre wrote:
Seriously?

Yes

Empyre wrote:
I wanted to ask you about setting up warning to appear in big orange text.

To warn the players using big orange letters we are using a program called "BF2 AdminMap"
Unfortunately the site is down.
The author decided to stop developing the program
In the past, if you wanted to use his program, you needed an activation code.
Our server is one of the servers he authorized, but since he is not working in the project anymore there is no way to get an activation code.
What is your server name ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefriendlyclan.com
Empyre

PostSubject: Re: Ventrillo Password Request   Ventrillo Password Request Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 7:04 am

Empyre wrote:
I wanted to ask you about setting up warning to appear in big orange text.
gblanco wrote:
To warn the players using big orange letters we are using a program called "BF2 AdminMap"

I am a Clan Admin for The Big E Clan, also known as =E=. Feel free to check it out some time at www.thebigeclan.com . Anyway, we use AdminMap for our BF2 server. However, I wasn't aware you could configure it so that when typing in-game admin commands that it would appear in big, bold orange. The auto-warnings provided by the software appear as such. Would just like to make it more clear for rule violators so they can't say, "I didn't see it!" Any help or insight you or anyone in your clan could provide would be appreciated.

As so why I put in for a Vent password request, I was informed how to do so (not an invite, just a how it's done) by one of your members yesterday evening. Check the chat history for verification. My in-game alias is =E= ObscureEmpyre. I'm not trying to spam or troll you guys.
Back to top Go down
Empyre

PostSubject: Re: Ventrillo Password Request   Ventrillo Password Request Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 7:18 am

...actually, I think I just figured it out. lol I imported our BF2CC user accounts list into AdminMap, and noticed there were check boxes to enable or disable privileges. I noticed the other day when one of your members or admins was typing warnings and such that they had typed "+s" before the message. I also noticed that was one of the options under the Userlist menu in AdminMap. Voila! It worked!

Well, thanks for helping me answer my own question. I haven't played a vehicles map, like your Wake Island 2007, in a long time. I'm more of an infantry-only kind of player, but I had fun yesterday evening in your server.
Back to top Go down
rapidfx

rapidfx

Birthday : 1969-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Ventrillo Password Request   Ventrillo Password Request Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 10:32 am

Good job, it's great that BF2 still after all these years, has a very strong following of people that actually spend money and time to make and run servers for others to use for free.
Back to top Go down
http://rapidfx.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ventrillo Password Request   Ventrillo Password Request Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ventrillo Password Request
Page 1 of 1