=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help with headset decision

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mamba334

Mamba334

Birthday : 1979-05-02

Help with headset decision Empty
PostSubject: Help with headset decision   Help with headset decision Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 10:10 am

I am looking to purchase a new headset tonight, but I am not able to spend over $100. I keep reading up on certain ones. I am avoiding Logitech on this one, as I have had my headset a total of maybe 5 months and I don't use it religiously, so I don't know why it's shorted out. Never dropped or wet or thrown around so ... clueless on that one. It works but every 5 minutes I have to adjust the mic position and that is getting annoying.

I also read that "USB" connectors doesn't bring you the best sound. Any input on this?
Back to top Go down
GunnySgtJR

GunnySgtJR

Birthday : 1965-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Help with headset decision   Help with headset decision Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 12:28 pm

I use turtle beach as my primary headset and love it. good sound and voice seems clear when I speak I do have a Logitech headset I use as well once and awhile but there just ok.. no problems with mine had it for awhile. u prob just got the headset made at 430 on a Friday and got slapped together last minute by some guy wanting to get off work and get to his beer lol
Back to top Go down
Mamba334

Mamba334

PostSubject: Re: Help with headset decision   Help with headset decision Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 12:30 pm

lol! Probably so!! That's what you do every day!! Laughing

I was looking @ Turtle Beach when I read this .... freaky!

You have the blue ones or the green ones? I am looking at the green ones with the tree on the side. I was thinking of going wireless, as I am moving about during the game sometimes.
Back to top Go down
GunnySgtJR

GunnySgtJR

Birthday : 1965-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Help with headset decision   Help with headset decision Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 4:54 pm

Mine are black the z2 earforce I think which ever one u chose u can't go wrong there a really good headset
Back to top Go down
Mamba334

Mamba334

PostSubject: Re: Help with headset decision   Help with headset decision Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:45 am

Going to order them tomorrow. Thanks Gunny!
Back to top Go down
Mamba334

Mamba334

PostSubject: Re: Help with headset decision   Help with headset decision Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 7:28 am

Boy, lets not all jump up and speak at once! lol. I am looking @ either USB or 3.5 mm jack plug. Don't know which is better. People say USB makes the headset get hot and the sound quality is lower. I have a USB connection now and it only lasted 4 months.
Back to top Go down
pfcvaldez

Birthday : 1952-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Help with headset decision   Help with headset decision Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 3:46 pm

Mamba334 wrote:
I am looking to purchase a new headset tonight, but I am not able to spend over $100. I keep reading up on certain ones. I am avoiding Logitech on this one, as I have had my headset a total of maybe 5 months and I don't use it religiously, so I don't know why it's shorted out. Never dropped or wet or thrown around so ... clueless on that one. It works but every 5 minutes I have to adjust the mic position and that is getting annoying.

I also read that "USB" connectors doesn't bring you the best sound. Any input on this?

I have USB and Bluetooth wireless headsets both by Logitech and the USB definitely sounds better.

I have never noticed the headset getting hot

Back to top Go down
porra_eusoumau

porra_eusoumau

Birthday : 1966-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Help with headset decision   Help with headset decision Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 4:55 pm

Mamba334 wrote:
People say USB makes the headset get hot and the sound quality is lower.

You got it all wrong, Mamba!

Only USB "MADE IN NIGERIA" get SO hot to the point of melting the usb ports,( and btw your brains too...LOL)

GOTCHA NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Mamba334

Mamba334

PostSubject: Re: Help with headset decision   Help with headset decision Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 5:03 pm

What a Face I ordered the Turtle Beach X11

Thanks, Valdez. I have a Logitech Clear Chat USB...lasted about 4 or 5 months. However long I been playing this game. But my earbuds sound amazing ... crystal clear! But the mic is a plastic piece and it slides. If I point it up, it works fine. When it falls people can't hear me. Gets annoying when I'm in a good battle and people sometimes don't answer me and I exit the game.
Back to top Go down
pfcvaldez

Birthday : 1952-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Help with headset decision   Help with headset decision Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 5:15 pm

Mamba334 wrote:
What a Face I ordered the Turtle Beach X11

Thanks, Valdez. I have a Logitech Clear Chat USB...lasted about 4 or 5 months. However long I been playing this game. But my earbuds sound amazing ... crystal clear! But the mic is a plastic piece and it slides. If I point it up, it works fine. When it falls people can't hear me. Gets annoying when I'm in a good battle and people sometimes don't answer me and I exit the game.

I also have the Clear Chat and my first pair lasted quite awhile till the cable finally broke, second pair the headband broke and the third is doing fine but i am using the bluetooth more often since i use it a lot for skype
Back to top Go down
ScicoSteve0

ScicoSteve0

Birthday : 1978-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Help with headset decision   Help with headset decision Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:02 am

GunnySgtJR wrote:
Mine are black the z2 earforce

Same here. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with headset decision   Help with headset decision Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with headset decision
Page 1 of 1