=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)

Go down 
+3
DangerousDoug
gblanco
canadianbill
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
canadianbill

canadianbill

Birthday : 1985-04-04

Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Empty
PostSubject: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:27 pm

I got banned by DangerousDoug, but for no valid reason whatsoever. I think he meant to ban the other jet who was attacking, which I even warned myself to stop attacking yet he continued. I bombed a jeep leaving on the road, he was past the sandbags, and on his merry way halfway between the sandbags and the trees on the hill to Airfield.

Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) IDWrU

I play here a lot and haven't had a problem with the rules, so... I don't know what was up with this. I've been playing for a few months now, and I'm trying to join you guys, but apparently it's invite-only.
Back to top Go down
canadianbill

canadianbill

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:32 pm

Correction: I've been playing since 2010 over a few months, on and off. I haven't played in a while because I lost my BF2 disc and recently bought it on Steam
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

Birthday : 1962-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Nobody under your name "canadianbill" is banned.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefriendlyclan.com
canadianbill

canadianbill

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:22 pm

gblanco wrote:
Nobody under your name "canadianbill" is banned.

Perhaps he realized he meant the other guy and banned me. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

Birthday : 1957-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:30 pm

OK Canadianbill or should I call you computernerd because that is the name you play under when you are here.
three times someone accused you of team killing for jet and you said no you didn't and made some BS excuse that an enemy was getting in the jet.
I caught you flying past arty island when Americans had no flag and you tried to tell me you are chasing jet.
when the truth was you went back to rearm at airfield with no jet anywhere around you and then proceeded to fly straight out to the carrier.
the ban was just for 24 hours but now I've found footage of you team killing for jet the ban will be permanent.
https://youtu.be/Y_K9ASgBOec
Back to top Go down
dano457

dano457

Birthday : 1957-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:34 pm

[b]BUSTED....................damn you admins are good
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Thanks Dano but I can't take all the credit I had held from our fearless leader.
Back to top Go down
canadianbill

canadianbill

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 4:21 pm

Doug, if you watched that video about 20 seconds beforehand he TK'd myself and I believe another then jumped in the jet himself. He continued to do that later when I was on Chinese (my friend was on the U.S.) I even asked for an admin twice but I was being ignored.

And the two other times I TK'd: One was I was American and in an F35B and moseying around strafing the J10 on the tarmac on occasion, I think the airfield was the last Chinese flag. Anyway, I strafed it (when it was empty, on the tarmac, an enemy jet) but it didn't kill it, so I was like "meh, whatever" and headed back to rearm at the carrier, meanwhile, a teammate evidently ran over hopped into the empty J10 I had strafed and died because the J10 was on fire (the type of damage where it's about to explode) and the jet exploded. I was already long gone and he just jumped into a plane on fire.

The last time I "TK'd" I actually didn't even TK, I saw a guy running for our jet when I was on the opposite side of the airfield as Chinese and two had just bailed out of the Cobra so I thought it was one of them and I shot the jet before they could get in it. Turned out it was a teammate and the person who bailed died on impact or something.

And finally, for the "flying out to carrier" thing, I had wounded a jet to the point he was smoking, I was out of missiles though and we were in a duel over the carrier, until I had to bug out since I ran out of missiles and I was nearly out of bullets, so I went back to the airfield, rearmed and headed back out to where he was hovering over the carrier deck in his F35B, I didn't know that "pursuing" meant "You had to be 2 feet behind them the whole time", I thought it meant like "if you're engaged in battle with them", the rules aren't really specific.

So, I'm going to be permabanned for those three mistakes and one TK because he was TKing everyone else on the deck (AND HE HIMSELF GOT BANNED LATER, unless I'm thinking of some other TKer) and the admin was not paying attention?
Back to top Go down
canadianbill

canadianbill

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 4:26 pm

Oh, one final thing: you said "three times someone accused you of team killing for jet", you do understand that it is actually three separate people in three different game sessions. I've played 12.7 hours (Steam logs it) in the past two weeks in TFC:Wake. Four misunderstandings/mistakes/one justified TK is permabannable in twelve hours? That's less than a mistake every three hours... I'm certain you've accidentally TK'd before and I've called people out to the admin and warned people myself about the rules... sooooo...
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 pm

Intentional team killing for revenge is not allowed a ITK is a ITK no excuse.
Shooting your own jet with the essx gun that causes a team kill is intentionally team killing. the three team kills were in two day's.
And as for crossing arty island you said you were fighting with the other jet out by the carrier,then left to go to airfield to rearm
then went back to finish him off. you had no business passing arty island in the first place but then you went to airfield
and crossed arty island again to finish them off.breaking rule twice.
the rule says: Jets can persue an enemy jet returning back to carrier.that rule is perfectly clear to me.
you said I even asked for an admin twice but I was being ignored. Admins are here playing the game and do not always notice requests.
But I did notice you wrote this
ComputerNerd Global [21:33:36] *§1DEAD§0*So... how it works is the admin will let the TKer demolish the other team until they've captured the island
ComputerNerd Global [21:33:52] So... how it works is the admin will let the TKer demloish he other tam until they've captured the island,
ComputerNerd Global [10:43:01] *§1DEAD§0*The admins only do stuff to the people they're fighting, if the rulebreaker is on their team, they don't do anything
ComputerNerd Global [10:43:26] The admins only kick/punish people on the opposite team, if they're on the same team they won't do anything
ComputerNerd Global [10:45:59] The bullshit thing is the server have their precious players that say"don't hack here" but screw up autobalance
You seem to think you can interpret the rules to suit yourself. And if you don't like the way we conduct our server go somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
canadianbill

canadianbill

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:46 pm

I don't see where you're getting the Essex gun thing from. And if it is an example (which I think that's how you mean it) it doesn't fit into any of this. I fought the jet that attacked out attack helo in the middle of the bay, he came straight from the carrier and strafed our heli, so I was coming from airfield and pursued him, he turned 180 and went back to carrier, that's when we had the fight over the carrier. Then I bugged out and whatnot. I broke the rule once, and that once I didn't know I was breaking it in the first place, I thought I was conforming just fine to the rules.

The admins were completely ignoring me, so yes, I was getting ticked that this guy kept TKing for the jet, eventually I ended up shooting him myself. I've been here for again, two years, so I like the server and the rules, I just think this instance is... idiotic because all but one were accidents and the final was a vigilante move.
Back to top Go down
canadianbill

canadianbill

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:47 pm

Can I join the Vent or do you have Steam or something so I can speak to you without this like 4 hour delay between messages? I'd love to play again...
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:58 pm

canadianbill wrote:
I play here a lot and haven't had a problem with the rules.

Teamkilling is having problems with the rules.

canadianbill wrote:
I've been playing for a few months now

You have been playing since the last week.

canadianbill wrote:
and I'm trying to join you guys, but apparently it's invite-only.

Breaking the rules + the way you complaint about the admins job + Punishing for accidental tks and lie about it = You will never be invited

Admin ServerMessage [19:10:51] TKPUNISH: ComputerNerd punishes =TFC= X-eze_97-X for a teamkill ( ComputerNerd has 1 punishes and 0 forgives)
=TFC= X-eze_97-X Team [19:11:24] HUD_TEXT_CHAT_TEAMdid i tk you
ComputerNerd Team [19:11:31] HUD_TEXT_CHAT_TEAMNo?
=TFC= X-eze_97-X Team [19:11:47] HUD_TEXT_CHAT_TEAMso why i get a punish
ComputerNerd Team [19:11:48] HUD_TEXT_CHAT_TEAMWhy?
ComputerNerd Team [19:11:51] HUD_TEXT_CHAT_TEAMI didn't punish
ComputerNerd Team [19:11:54] HUD_TEXT_CHAT_TEAMsomeone else must have
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:59 pm

canadianbill wrote:
Can I join the Vent

No
We open the ventrilo server only to friends.
Back to top Go down
canadianbill

canadianbill

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:39 pm

I played as Computernerd two years ago, then I stopped, like I said. I've recently been able to play again since I bought BF2 on Steam. This account has been here since 2010, I didn't just randomly create it, I wanted to join you guys then I lost my BF2 disc.

I honestly didn't think I punished him, some guy kept inviting me to Bravo squad and I kept declining, I probably just spammed page-down. I rarely punish anyone, only purposeful TK's like the one on the carrier. Correction: I've never had a problem with the rules prior to having to take a TK'er into my own hands... once.
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 3:32 am

You have only played on our new server for a total of 2.85 hrs. And yet you have three people complaining that you intentional team killed them, two Crossing Arty Island, one punishing for accidental tk.
And now you're saying none of it is your fault, And that you've played here for such a longtime that breaking a few rules should not matter?
Back to top Go down
canadianbill

canadianbill

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:20 pm

Yeah, I know, the server IP switched a few days ago, but if you look at my Steam page,
http://steamcommunity.com/id/canadianbill/
I have 12.7 hours in the last two weeks, maybe 1 hour max accumulated AFK/eating.

I don't know where you're getting two crossing arty island, now. There was one and I thought I was justified in that one.

I didn't mean to punish him, simple as that, I didn't even know I did. I wasn't playing dumb or anything there, I had been flying around with him and I wouldn't punish him.

I'm saying that I haven't broken any rules to my knowledge, and now that I know pursuing a jet means being two feet behind them and not "engaged in battle with." I apologize, sincerely.
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 8:02 pm

canadianbill wrote:
Yeah, I know, the server IP switched a few days ago, but if you look at my Steam page,
http://steamcommunity.com/id/canadianbill/
I have 12.7 hours in the last two weeks, maybe 1 hour max accumulated AFK/eating.
That link tells me nothing our records show you played for 2.85 hrs. and it is during this time you were reported for intentional team killing three times.
plus crossing arty island,punishing.
canadianbill wrote:
I didn't mean to punish him, simple as that, I didn't even know I did. I wasn't playing dumb or anything there, I had been flying around with him and I wouldn't punish him.
I find this hard to believe that you happen to be turning down a request to join a squad at the very same time as you are being team killed.
canadianbill wrote:
I'm saying that I haven't broken any rules to my knowledge,
Team killing is BREAKING A RULE you are not justified because he killed you first, two wrongs do not make a right.
Crossing Arty Island when the U.S. has no flag is BREAKING A RULE, whether or not you understand the rule., ignorance is no excuse.
Punishing an accidental team kill is BREAKING A RULE. whether you say you meant to or not.
If you can't understand this you can't play here Period.
Your unban request will be reviewed and you'll have your answer shortly.

Back to top Go down
canadianbill

canadianbill

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 8:20 pm

I realized I did purposely kill that F35B on the deck who previous was TKing everyone, sorry I forgot about that one.

I was pursuing a jet back to carrier the first time, and the second time I guess it doesn't qualify as "pursuing back to carrier", so I broke it (unknowingly) once. I knew the rule, I misinterpreted.

I like that guy I punished, I really didn't mean to, as you can see in the chat, I was baffled, I didn't know I punished him. That's the new server, that doesn't include the other 9 or so hours on the old server, so that's just silly logic because just because it's a new server doesn't mean history is erased, it's like you're saying you only have four hours when you had four hundred before the new server.

I know the rules, I misinterpreted the arty island rule because I thought it meant "engaged in battle" not "three feet behind them", in fact, I've warned users that they're breaking the rules before since an admin wasn't.
Back to top Go down
rapidfx

rapidfx

Birthday : 1969-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:37 pm

I just have to say...
"3 feet behind" isn't what that means.
If you were chasing and you left, returned to the airfield, then you were no longer engaged.
Back to top Go down
http://rapidfx.org
canadianbill

canadianbill

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:06 pm

We both had to rearm, it had been going on for a minute or two, so he repaired and I disarmed then we re-engaged.
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:22 pm

canadianbill wrote:
We both had to rearm, it had been going on for a minute or two, so he repaired and I disarmed then we re-engaged.
WTF you say you reengaged which implies you had disengaged at one point once you have disengaged you cannot reengage until
the enemy jet crosses on to the Chinese side of artillery island again.
It's obvious to me that you are deliberately misinterpreting the rules in your favor, this behavior will not be tolerated.
Back to top Go down
canadianbill

canadianbill

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:27 pm

He himself didn't mind it, we were fighting and had been in dogfights the entire previous game, you're the one who called me out on it, we were just dogfighting and he went to repair and I went to rearm, we still had unfinished business with each other, the fight was still continuing on. He didn't mind it at all, we were just having fun dogfighting each other.
Back to top Go down
rapidfx

rapidfx

Birthday : 1969-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:39 pm

You just don't get it do you.
Once you left, you were no longer engaged.

What you are trying to say is once someone shoots at you, you are engaged until the end of the game or he dies.
That isn't how it works.
The rule is clear. It doesn't matter what you assume the other player thought.
Back to top Go down
http://rapidfx.org
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:46 pm

Oh I see It's my bad, you two were just having fun and I came along and spoil it. why didn't you say that in the first place lol.
I'm done here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)   Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unban Request (Server regular... not breaking rules)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next