=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lag compensation for high pings

Go down 
+10
Soulabducter
garrett30328
battlefield2gammer
FLYING_GERONIMO
Descartes42
JP7628
jason10001
sushi-sacha111
elpeede
gblanco
14 posters
AuthorMessage
gblanco

gblanco

Birthday : 1962-09-19

Lag compensation for high pings Empty
PostSubject: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:27 pm

I found this could be interesting for players with high ping.

Scroll down and read where the Usersettings.con section is.

http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_7.html

And this is another option you can try.

http://combatgamershq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=815

Last edited by gblanco on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefriendlyclan.com
elpeede

elpeede

Birthday : 1972-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:05 pm

Wow!

It works... I shot mullys ass twice in one game lol!
Back to top Go down
sushi-sacha111

sushi-sacha111

Birthday : 1998-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 12:37 am

I have to say i think i'd be one of the players with the highest ping registered in this clan
Back to top Go down
jason10001

jason10001

Birthday : 1974-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:50 pm

pete mike and stlude, and anyone else with high ping should look into this program.Its called battlefeild hitfixer 2.0.Theres videos of it online works well.You must download autohotkey first.once u download it run the program you never have to run it again.download hitfixer 2.0 and when you play lauch the program.When you get ingame you hit contol+0 and it opens the console and asks for ur ping.Type in ur ping and hit enter.If you hit control+0 and console doesnt open you need to make sure you downloaded and ran autohotkey.Another thing click the box that says enable bf2 soap.Hope this helps you guys, sushi you might look into this too.
Back to top Go down
JP7628

JP7628

Birthday : 1981-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:01 pm

Nice info Jason. That should help alot of peeps! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Descartes42

Descartes42

Birthday : 1954-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 6:59 pm

I'd be cautious when it comes to third party apps that modify your game files in-game.

Unless I am mistaken, PB compares checksums derived from your game files to detect just such changes. This is just skating a bit too close to the edge for me...

This reminds me of a beef one guy had with his ban... he'd edited his game config to produce a black sky and got busted for it.

His argument? Well, because he hadn't used a "cheat" app (ie just an editor), he felt his treatment was unfair.

Doh!

Besides, John Carmack solved lag compensation 'way back in QuakeWorld!

D42

Back to top Go down
jason10001

jason10001

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 10:22 pm

this ones been around for several years and all the streamed to sights like punkbuster for example are well aware of the program and do not consider it to be a cheat,hack,or mod.It simply helps with lag compensation.There are videos online you can watch,they expain it well.It can help our uk and other high ping players compensate for the lag.
Back to top Go down
Descartes42

Descartes42

Birthday : 1954-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:57 pm

Hmmm. It looks like this is equivalent to setting the variables in console.

I'll mess around with some values and see what happens. Who knows? I may find another gun or two I can hit something with. :-)

I'll try matching the default latency to my actual ping (as reported ingame) ala:

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.100000
......................................................................................^^^^^^ ping in secs

and also adjust the length of the interpolation window :

SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 100
....................................................................^^^ interpolation in msec

I don't expect the former to have much effect as the game ought to be setting this dynamically all by itself.

However, making the interpolation buffer smaller ought to be worth a try if the connection to the server is good. This should have you see the player closer to where he actually "is" at the time.

For a really poor connection, making it larger might help smooth things out a bit.

jason10001 wrote:
this ones been around for several years and all the streamed to sights like punkbuster for example are well aware of the program and do not consider it to be a cheat,hack,or mod.It simply helps with lag compensation.There are videos online you can watch,they expain it well.It can help our uk and other high ping players compensate for the lag.
Back to top Go down
sushi-sacha111

sushi-sacha111

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:55 am

Cool thanks for the help Jason i might look in to in the future
Back to top Go down
FLYING_GERONIMO

FLYING_GERONIMO

Birthday : 1996-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:52 pm

I always turn off UTorrent before i play, I never get high pings with them gone. mines about 40, 50 ish
Back to top Go down
battlefield2gammer

Birthday : 1969-02-07

PostSubject: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 1:24 am

Yes every one should make sure things like anti-virus and anti-spy ware programs are shut down and your fire wall is either shut down or has a pass through for bf2 and bf2 comm. I was using AVG anti-virus and spy-ware program (very good free program) but the new updated version of it is blocking bf2 now for some reason. I'll play around with it and see if I can get it to work and let you guys know.
Back to top Go down
jason10001

jason10001

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:32 am

I use avg 9.0 and it doesnt mess with anything for me
Back to top Go down
sushi-sacha111

sushi-sacha111

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:20 pm

I use AVG aswell but i just turn it off when I play BF2
Back to top Go down
garrett30328

Birthday : 1993-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 7:01 pm

Thanks budd, I really appreciate this thread! Worked well =)
Back to top Go down
(PT)Wittmann

(PT)Wittmann

Birthday : 1976-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 6:37 am

Descartes42 wrote:
Hmmm.  It looks like this is equivalent to setting the variables in console.

I'll mess around with some values and see what happens.  Who knows? I may find another gun or two I can hit something with.  :-)

I'll try matching the default latency to my actual ping (as reported ingame) ala:

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.100000
......................................................................................^^^^^^ ping in secs

and also adjust the length of the interpolation window :

SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 100
....................................................................^^^ interpolation in msec

I don't expect the former to have much effect as the game ought to be setting this dynamically all by itself.

However, making the interpolation buffer smaller ought to be worth a try if the connection to the server is good.  This should have you see the player closer to where he actually "is" at the time.

For a really poor connection, making it larger might help smooth things out a bit.

Hi!

Can I use this and not be considered a hack!?

I´m having really high pings lately,and my gameplay sucks when I have
pings above 160,bellow that number...I can manage to play decently.
When I have high pings sometimes,the game crashes 2 or more times from the server in a round. Sad 

Can you please enlighten me?!

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
(PT)Wittmann

(PT)Wittmann

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:06 am

confused

Guess i´m on the "to ignore list"... clown  clown  clown 

Thanks for the help! Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Soulabducter

Soulabducter

Birthday : 1979-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 9:56 am

(PT)Wittmann wrote:
confused

Thanks for the help! Rolling Eyes 

Don't think it's that,
Maybe cause the thread is over 3yrs old since the last reply.
Back to top Go down
porra_eusoumau

porra_eusoumau

Birthday : 1966-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 5:23 am

(PT)Wittmann wrote:
confused

No way, Brother!
I just don't know sh... about that matter, so I could not help you at all... btw, my ping is ALWAYS as high as a pervert's dick, say 190 ALL THE TIME. so yes, I would love to lower it a lil bit too...
Back to top Go down
(PT)Wittmann

(PT)Wittmann

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 8:56 am

Well...sorry!

I get so many times frustrated that I loose my nerve. Evil or Very Mad Very often game freezes,disconections from the server,king size lag...u name it.Evil or Very Mad  

There should be someting to deal with the lag on servers away from us (Porra).
In Portugal we have good network providers.The deal here is the distance from our computers and the server. Sad 

Let´s see after May 31,what is reserved for us,good old BF2 players.I started to check on PR mod,looks nice...

Witt
Back to top Go down
porra_eusoumau

porra_eusoumau

Birthday : 1966-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 1:43 pm

I still hope there will b some way of dealing with this, and bf2 will go on...
Back to top Go down
ScudRocket

Birthday : 1967-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 3:28 am

Remove the gaming lag built in to bf2

Adjust your "Usersettings" file. you can find it hear. C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings

adjust it in notepad.

keep you GSPlayerName line, YOUR ALIAS/NAME but change everything else to the below.

rem
rem Settingsfile automatically saved by bf2
rem
SettingsManager.boolSet GSClPunkBuster 1
SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.000000
SettingsManager.boolSet GSExtrapolateFrame 1
SettingsManager.U32Set GSExtrapolationTime 1
SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 1
SettingsManager.U32Set GSPerfLogAtPlayerCount 99
SettingsManager.stringSet GSPlayerName "YOUR ALIAS/NAME"
SettingsManager.boolSet GSShowNetGraph 0
SettingsManager.boolSet GSUseObjectCache 1
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

Birthday : 1957-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 6:47 pm

Thanks ScudRocket  Even though my ping is only around 60 milliseconds I find it really improves accuracy  with moving targets.

If I understand correctly BF2 came with a hundred milliseconds default latency,and by changing these settings you can make the default 0 milliseconds of latency.

I suggest everybody should try this.
Back to top Go down
ScudRocket

Birthday : 1967-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 10:22 pm

DangerousDoug wrote:
Thanks ScudRocket  Even though my ping is only around 60 milliseconds I find it really improves accuracy  with moving targets.

If I understand correctly BF2 came with a hundred milliseconds default latency,and by changing these settings you can make the default 0 milliseconds of latency.

I suggest everybody should try this.

yes the game was setup so it worked similar to Buffering on Videos, The game was delayed so to create a buffer so it was smooth.

This was for 12 year old systems that had slow connections, CPUs, Video cards and Ram.

no need for delays now run the raw data instantly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lag compensation for high pings   Lag compensation for high pings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lag compensation for high pings
Page 1 of 1