=TFC=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=TFC=

The Friendly Clan is dedicated to the enjoyment of the BF2 Game.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Doubt about rule # 11

Go down 
+8
Kilroy
Wansu
E641
DangerousDoug
rapidfx
tomaber
gblanco
porra_eusoumau
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
porra_eusoumau

porra_eusoumau

Birthday : 1966-05-28

Doubt about rule # 11  Empty
PostSubject: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:49 am

I have a doubt about one rule... of course I could ask about it personally in vent or ingame, but I figure this way, if someone has the same doubt he may be enlighted by this post...
It's all about this rule:

"#11.- Jets can persue an enemy jet returning back to carrier.

Anytime, an enemy jet can be persued to the carrier.
If usmc has no flags only the enemy jet can be attacked."

From that you might understanf that if USMC has no flags, you could not attack choppers or boats until they reach land... since it specifies "only the enemy jet can be attacked"...

I know from experience no one does that, and boats or choppers are aimed preys for everybody in those situations... I would like to have some feedback on what the "BIG BOSSES" feel about this...
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

Birthday : 1962-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:05 am

The rule applies when usmc has no flag on the island.
Any jet passing arty island is an allowed target.
If a jet pass arty island and is trying to go back to carrier for repair, the jet can be persecuted and destroyed.
But you can only attack that specific jet going back to carrier and not any other target on carrier.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefriendlyclan.com
tomaber

Birthday : 1962-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:23 am

If we are at arty island and on the chinese team can't we jump in the AA and attack the enemy. Is Arty Island the line in the sand which Chinese can attack from?

Tomaber
Back to top Go down
rapidfx

rapidfx

Birthday : 1969-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:32 am

Also, how about sitting in the chopper above arty island and launching the guided missle to the carrier and blasting a jet or blackhawk just as it lifts off the deck.. I believe this should not be allowed.
Back to top Go down
http://rapidfx.org
gblanco

gblanco

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:35 am

tomaber wrote:
If we are at arty island and on the chinese team can't we jump in the AA and attack the enemy.Tomaber

Yes you can.

rapidfx wrote:
how about sitting in the chopper above arty island and launching the guided missle to the carrier and blasting a jet or blackhawk just as it lifts off the deck.. I believe this should not be allowed.

Not allowed.
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug

DangerousDoug

Birthday : 1957-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:13 pm

rapidfx wrote:
Also, how about sitting in the chopper above arty island and launching the guided missle to the carrier and blasting a jet or blackhawk just as it lifts off the deck.. I believe this should not be allowed.

Aircraft must stay behind Arty Island when the U.S. has no flag if the helicopter is behind Arty island the carrier deck is out of range of the TV missile.
Back to top Go down
rapidfx

rapidfx

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 11:35 pm

Only by a bit. As soon as you lift off you are in range. So my question is, can you launch a guided missle from behind arty island at craft on the US side of arty island if US has no flags.
Back to top Go down
E641

E641

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:51 am

rapidfx wrote:
Only by a bit. As soon as you lift off you are in range. So my question is, can you launch a guided missle from behind arty island at craft on the US side of arty island if US has no flags.

I feel that the Chinese side is suppose to wait until a plane or helo is crossing arty island before they fire with the exception that if the US plane or helo fires before it is crossing arty island at the China aircraft then they have initiated the battle and are engaged. I know this is a little tricky to enforce 100% but it is a good rule of thumb for the Chinese side to hold off until they are crossing arty island.

E
Back to top Go down
Wansu

Wansu

Birthday : 1963-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Can't infantry do anything when US has no flags? Attack carrier, arty island, etc. If US doesn't want them shooting down their aircraft with the AA on arty island, they can always spawn on the island and kill the intruders. (Or try to) Thats how I have understood the rules.
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Wansu wrote:
Can't infantry do anything when US has no flags?

Infantry allowed at carrier anytime.
Back to top Go down
Kilroy

Kilroy

Birthday : 1961-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:08 pm

A couple of things:

E641 wrote:

I feel that the Chinese side is suppose to wait until a plane or helo is crossing arty island before they fire with the exception that if the US plane or helo fires before it is crossing arty island at the China aircraft then they have initiated the battle and are engaged. I know this is a little tricky to enforce 100% but it is a good rule of thumb for the Chinese side to hold off until they are crossing arty island.

E

While the above policy would be more sportsmanlike, enforcing it as such would not be consistent with the generally accepted rule of thumb that you can do whatever you want as long as you don't pass arty island.

I would also like to confirm that you are not allowed to fly the jet or attack helo to the carrier even if you do not intend to attack with it. (ie: bail on carrier or just snooping) (it is of course possible to fly high and bail over arty island and parachute to the carrrier)
Furthermore are not allowed to steal the Jet or cobra as you would then be automatically guilty of flying beyond arty island.
Feel free to disabuse me if either of those notions are incorrect.

Lastly, there is an item that I have got conflicting answers on from admins: is the use of the blackhawk guns allowed on the carrier or on the last flag?
Back to top Go down
http://www.toyrobotcollection.com
gblanco

gblanco

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Kilroy wrote:
I would also like to confirm that you are not allowed to fly the jet or attack helo to the carrier even if you do not intend to attack with it. (ie: bail on carrier or just snooping) (it is of course possible to fly high and bail over arty island and parachute to the carrrier)

You can pass arty island with jets only if you are planning to bail on carrier.

Kilroy wrote:
Furthermore are not allowed to steal the Jet or cobra as you would then be automatically guilty of flying beyond arty island.

You can steal jets or choppers from carrier, but you cant kill anyone at carrier if usmc has no flags.

Kilroy wrote:
Lastly, there is an item that I have got conflicting answers on from admins: is the use of the blackhawk guns allowed on the carrier or on the last flag?

Blackhawk guns not allowed on the carrier if usmc has no flags or in a last flag situation.
Back to top Go down
Kilroy

Kilroy

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:14 pm

TY Blanco!
I thought I knew it all. Now I do.
Back to top Go down
pfcvaldez

Birthday : 1952-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:36 pm

gblanco wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

You can pass arty island with jets only if you are planning to bail on carrier.

Kilroy wrote:

You can steal jets or choppers from carrier, but you cant kill anyone at carrier if usmc has no flags.

Kilroy wrote:

Blackhawk guns not allowed on the carrier if usmc has no flags or in a last flag situation.

So if i took the transport to the carrier, i could not kill anyone till U.S. has a flag?
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:28 pm

pfcvaldez wrote:

So if i took the transport to the carrier, i could not kill anyone till U.S. has a flag?

Not with the chopper guns
Back to top Go down
flash26

flash26

Birthday : 1951-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:50 pm

I kicked a well known player on our server last week ( after warning him ) for sitting on arty island in the attack chopper shooting down the F35 as it was taking off. He came back and was a bit upset for the boot and said hey I wasn't passed arty island why did you kick me? So I guess my point here is the rule gets interpreted differently. I see it as stay back and give the US a chance to get on the island or off the carrier and pass arty island. My 2 cents...
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:03 pm

flash26 wrote:
for sitting on arty island in the attack chopper shooting down the F35 as it was taking off. He came back and was a bit upset for the boot and said hey I wasn't passed arty island why did you kick me?

He was not passing arty island, but he was breaking the rule attacking the carrier with chopper while usmc has no flags.
Back to top Go down
Kilroy

Kilroy

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:53 pm

I got a warning tonight for shooting down the cobra hovering just the other side of arty island.
"you can't attack anything on the other side of arty island when USMC has no flag" (loosely quoted)
I thought the rule was more like: you cant CROSS (with jet or helo) arty island to attack anything that has left the carrier.
I am not complaining and am perfectly willing to abide by the rule if that is the interpretation and is consistently enforced by all the admins.
It was just my impression that most of the admins accept that anything that has safely left the carrier and can be hit without crossing the island is fair game.
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 12:27 am

Kilroy wrote:
anything that has safely left the carrier and can be hit without crossing the island is fair game.

Correct
Back to top Go down
E641

E641

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:31 am

well it was I that made the warning to Kilroy, I was hovering just behind arty island and if I remember correctly, he attacked from my left and took me out (I thought you were also behind the island shooting me with guns). So I guess I just learned a lesson that I can attack a jet of helo that has left the carrier heading for the island. I previously thought that UNLESS the US aircraft attempted to engage the China helo or jet that being behind arty island was a no attack zone.

Learn something new every day.

E
Back to top Go down
Kilroy

Kilroy

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:09 am

While I applaud E641's approach as being more sportsmanlike, the "official" stance is simpler and more consistanly enforced.

E641 wrote:
So I guess I just learned a lesson that I can attack a jet of helo that has left the carrier heading for the island.

E

Hmm that does not bode well. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
rapidfx

rapidfx

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:28 am

gblanco wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
anything that has safely left the carrier and can be hit without crossing the island is fair game.

BLANCO WROTE:
Correct

Well wait a minute here... So you're saying I can sit up high on the axis side of arty island and attack a jet or helo before it crosses arty island...

"safely left the carrier"

At what point is an aircraft safely off the carrier? While it's fully under powered trying to lift off? Can't turn for shit because you have no speed yet? Is it when the craft is 20 feet off the carrier? 100? 27.8?

I've been here a while, and I have always played with the "if US has no flags you can NOT attack anything on the US side of arty island unless they have engaged you first."

Allowing people to shoot down jets that are taking off, from a helo on the axis side of arty island with the TV missle is not right.
Back to top Go down
gblanco

gblanco

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 12:40 pm

rapidfx wrote:
Allowing people to shoot down jets that are taking off, from a helo on the axis side of arty island with the TV missle is not right.

Of course is not right.

Doubt about rule # 11  Lineartyisland

There is an imaginary line behind arty island.
Behind that line you cant reach targets at carrier.
How can you safely left the carrier ?
In a jet ? take off and turn left/right or hover over the carrier and then take off.
The cobra ? If you flight straight to arty island without knowing where the chinese attack chopper is, you will be an easy target. Use one of the sides of the map.
In a blackhawk ? gain at least 300 feet and start moving to the island by one of the sides of the map. If the cobra or f35s did their job, the chinese attack chopper should be down.
In a boat ? Only players without experience use boats to reach the island from carrier. Dont use boats.
If we add to this an experienced commander doing his job, the enemies will be spotted chopper and jets.
Back to top Go down
rapidfx

rapidfx

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Maybe confusing with the words "may not pass" and "cross". "Cross" I would say you can't be on the island. "May not pass arty island" I would believe I could be ON arty island.
The line you drew on the map is not where I have thought the line was.
Also, I never realized we can attack craft once it has lifted off the carrier.
Back to top Go down
Mamba334

Mamba334

Birthday : 1979-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:43 am

"In a boat ? Only players without experience use boats to reach the island from carrier. Dont use boats."

Then, why have boats? When I'm Chinese, the US used the boats to go to the island ... if that's all you got to use ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doubt about rule # 11    Doubt about rule # 11  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doubt about rule # 11
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next